UFC on FOX 15 bonuses: Luke Rockhold claims $50,000 with submission finish of Lyoto Machida

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports

UFC middleweight contender Luke Rockhold not only notched the most important win of his career by stoppingLyoto Machida in the second round on Saturday night at UFC on FOX 15, but pocketed an additional $50,000 with a Performance of the Night bonus. The awards were announced at the post-fight press conference.

Rockhold dominated the contest almost from the beginning. While the first few exchanges on the feet saw the AKA product eating a few punches, the fight was completely dominated on the floor by the American. Either from a slip or punch, Machida found himself on the ground and could do little to slow down Rockhold. The Brazilian attempted to recapture full guard or get to turtle, but it was Rockhold who found his way to his back where he launched brutal ground and pound as well as submission attempts.

By the second round, Machida's right eye was swollen and he was visibly tired. Another slip sent him to the canvas again where Rockhold went right to work. Rockhold found himself on Machida's back again and this time, there was nothing Machida could do as Rockhold expertly slipped on the rear naked choke and forced the tap. The end came officially at 2:31 of round 2.

Also earning $50,000 and a Performance of the Night bonus was featherweightMax Holloway who submitted Cub Swanson in the third round of their bout. Holloway was dominant from the very beginning and never took his foot off the gas. Using expert angles, distance, striking combinations and timing, he had Swanson hesitant, at the end of his punches and unable to launch any meaningful offense. A series of body strikes in the third round badly hurt Swanson and Holloway used that to close the show when he locked up a standing guillotine. Swanson tried to go back down to stop it, but only ended up being finished by guillotine from the mount. The end came at 3:58 of the third frame.

UFC on FOX 15 bonuses: Luke Rockhold claims $50,000 with submission finish of Lyoto Machida - MMA Fighting

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Guess they didn't want to look obvious giving PVZ one publicly, so hers will be sent in the mail.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i'm kind of surprised that her fight was as dominant as it was. i though this would have been a stiff test for her, and it turns out it was only on the male fans.
Agree. I thought it was going to be a really competitive fight, to be honest. Pretty shocked that Paige dominated her like that. She definitely passed the first test and if she keeps it up, she is going to blow up bigger than anyone can imagine.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
PVZ looked vastly improved over her first UFC showing. She's obviously taken the opportunity seriously

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Agree. I thought it was going to be a really competitive fight, to be honest. Pretty shocked that Paige dominated her like that. She definitely passed the first test and if she keeps it up, she is going to blow up bigger than anyone can imagine.
i agree. the fight was a bit sloppy, but it was entertaining, and she did good. i hope they both go back and drill the hell out of their technique. i just finished watching a vid of rockhold vs. machida between rounds, and i'm kind of shocked. lyoto was out of it for a second, and came back when they poured water on him. i love how the doctors just ask fighters if they're ok, like they would ever say to stop the fight. lol.... you're there to protect them, whether it's popular, or not.