UFC On FOX 15: Dariush on fight with Jim Miller, future move to 170 & Shogun's return to King's MMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
usa-today-8445952.0[1].jpg

From Crooklyn @Crooklyn

This weekend, at UFC On FOX 15, fast-rising lightweight standout, Beneil Dariush will take on seasoned veteran, Jim Miller, in a short notice bout that will only allow a little over a month between Beneil’s last fight and this one. The 25-year-old Assyrian sat down with Bloody Elbow to discuss his thoughts on the fight with Miller, Shogun’s return to King’s MMA, what his plans are if he’s ever in a position to have to fight fellow teammate and current lightweight champion, Rafael dos Anjos and more. Here’s what he had to say:

Overall thoughts on the fight with Miller

I’m training year round. I don’t really have an off season, you know? Last year, I had a chance to fight Danny Castillo on short notice, but I was with Rafa in Arizona, so I had to turn the fight down. Paul Felder ended up taking that fight, and it’s kind of funny, because now I’m taking Paul’s spot. It’s come full circle [laughs]. You train hard, you get ready and you fight. That’s basically it. I don’t think about it too much.

I really believe that I’m fighting the best guys in the world, and I think Jim Miller is a great athlete. He’s fought everybody; former title holders and all the big names and beaten a lot of them. He’s a very well-rounded fighter with great jiu-jitsu, great wrestling and powerful standup. I think he’ll be bringing the fight to me, and I like that.

I agree with Eddie Bravo when he says this guy is dangerous off his back. Jim actually submitted one of my teammates, Fabricio Camoes, and that was really frustrating for me to watch, because Fabricio is my friend, but more importantly, because he’s a very skilled black belt. It was shocking, to be honest, so I know Eddie was right in labeling him a very dangerous guy. At the same time, I’m not afraid of where this fight might go. I’m not worried, I can fight this guy anywhere.

Read more...

UFC On FOX 15: Dariush on fight with Jim Miller, future move to 170 & Shogun's return to King's MMA - Bloody Elbow

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Great article, good job Crooklyn @Crooklyn

This guy is dangerous, especially if he's training @ Kings mma.

Heart says Miller, Head says Dariush