UFC on FOX 24 draws lowest rating in FOX history

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

The 25th installment of the show did 1.74 million viewers on the overnight ratings, and a 0.6 in the 18-49 demo. It was down 18 percent from last year's April FOX special, that did 2.13 million viewers in the overnight ratings and 0.8 in the key demo, headlined by Glover Teixeira vs. Rashad Evans. Two years ago, the April event, headlined by Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida did 2.43 million viewers in the overnight ratings and 0.9 in the 18-49 demo.

FOX had the least viewers of the four major networks on Saturday. However, in the 18-49 demo, the 0.6 tied the NHL playoff game with the Nashville Predators vs. Chicago Blackhawks for second place behind ABC's airing of the movie, The Ten Commandments, which led everything last night with an 0.8 in the demo and 5.18 million viewers.

UFC on FOX overnight ratings plummet to all-time low for Johnson vs. Reis - Bloody Elbow

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
that is really weird because it was great card compared to other cards this year

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Looks like a potential general decline in viewers given it going from 2.43 to 2.13 to 1.74...

UFC should be concerned imo

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I wonder if some of it was due to it being Easter weekend? Lots of family activities going on.

It's a shame. Really good fights are often missed on cards like this. Same thing for Bellator.
Rampage or Tito will pop a big number but then guys like Chandler or Lima won't really get any attention in spite of the fact that they're in much better fights.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ironic isn't it.

For years the Zuffa machine touted Fedor as an illegitimate choice for GOAT consideration, pointing to the narrative that "GOATS don't collapse the organization they fight for"...

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Bring in some HW for main event. MM fighting some prelim fighter, doesn;t really draw much. That said, I thought it was a great card. But it is all about how many people decide to watch based on the main event I guess. It is also Easter weekend, nice weather, may have played a role. I just think the card could have a stronger headliner.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
most people wont turn on the ufc when they have gramma over for easter and a house full of kids plus the damn card was on so early on the west coast the main even was over and it was still day light out

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
most people wont turn on the ufc when they have gramma over for easter and a house full of kids plus the damn card was on so early on the west coast the main even was over and it was still day light out
That too, it was early even for east coast. Prelims started at 6? Way too nice out here in the 80s, to be sitting inside with family.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The thing is that Mighty Mouse has been A LOT more exciting these past two years with a lot of finishes but I think his cautious style and all his decisions generated a good deal of ill will and people just won't give him a chance now. It's sort of the opposite of GSP. He was a finishing/heart machine to start his career and everyone loved him and then he became a cautious decision machine when he was champ and many people still loved him anyway...

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
wouldn't have streamed if not on fox

no star power at all

they usually use Shogun for these cards as a certain draw for hardcore fans

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
DJ said on MMA Hour today that they didn't start advertising his fight until a week before. Imo they're not horrible numbers considering the holiday etc. and lack of advertising.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I didn't even watch it.
Tried to catch it in time, but Sunny days come rarely in these parts and there's work to do.
Jacare/Whitaker fight I wanted to see.
Nelson/Volkov had me curious.
Nothing against MM, he's gotta be the p4p king these days I guess, but it's like my leg fighting my other leg he's so tiny.
More to the point, he's orthodox, so the possibility is high that I'll be seeing what I've seen time and again.
I was interested in the Cejudo fight, but that was it.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
DJ said on MMA Hour today that they didn't start advertising his fight until a week before. Imo they're not horrible numbers considering the holiday etc. and lack of advertising.
But I think that is exactly why they put him in this slot...knew it would be a tough night ratings wise
And to boot they decide to barely advertise because they dropped coin on previous MM bouts and the money to viewer equation says it is bad investment.

The dude is amazing..but he is kind of an enigma wrapped in a puzzle and it is hard to relate to him...plus his personality is very smug which can rub some people wrong way

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
If there was ever someone who needs a new nickname it's mighty mouse. The most dominant active champion and his nemesis is a spring loaded strip of metal with a big of peanut butter on it

M

member 3289

The highlight of the night was without a doubt Whittaker exposing and beating the shit out of Jacare

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
What his explanation for the PPV he headlined where they had to give tickets away?

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
That's a shame because that was a great card and Mighty Mouse's performance was a work of art.

I guess it didn't have a lot of casual buzz since only hardcore fans know who Wilson Reis is though.

Potentially breaking Anderson Silva's record should be a big deal though, I hope they promote that one well.