UFC on FOX 29 Live Discussion - 4/14/18

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I dont think he knows how to fight any other way and it's probably too late to start now. He is what he is at this point. Going to win some and lose some, but always going to entertain.
Agreed.. like I said, it'd be weird to see him fight any other way. BUT, there are fighters who made style changes in their career and ended up doing better than ever. I just worry about his brain health and also I wanna see him fight the top guys.

I could see him using the brawling style more in bursts.. wrestling a lot more, perhaps old man Couture style against the cage/dirty boxing, and then going crazy in spurts and when he knows he has a guy hurt, going wild for the finish. He'd still be crowd pleasing but yeah

What do I know though? Lol I'm just a big fan of his and don't wanna see him go downhill :( Once you get stopped it's easier to happen each time ya know, look at a Wanderlei for example

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Guys, I missed the prelims before the Boetsch fight.

Are they worth going back and watching? If anyone can quote and tell me without spoilers/results I'd greatly appreciate it!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
great fight

was disappointing how the boxing was completely abandoned...he used to use a 1...2...leg kick
Guys, I missed the prelims before the Boetsch fight.

Are they worth going back and watching? If anyone can quote and tell me without spoilers/results I'd greatly appreciate it!
lots of good finishes

Nov 21, 2015
Agreed.. like I said, it'd be weird to see him fight any other way. BUT, there are fighters who made style changes in their career and ended up doing better than ever. I just worry about his brain health and also I wanna see him fight the top guys.

I could see him using the brawling style more in bursts.. wrestling a lot more, perhaps old man Couture style against the cage/dirty boxing, and then going crazy in spurts and when he knows he has a guy hurt, going wild for the finish. He'd still be crowd pleasing but yeah

What do I know though? Lol I'm just a big fan of his and don't wanna see him go downhill :( Once you get stopped it's easier to happen each time ya know, look at a Wanderlei for example
Justin and Thug have the same coach. Surely Trevor could teach him a few zigs and zags
and bobs n weaves. Maybe he just doesnt want to. I don't think it would take away from his
style to add just a tad at least. Will always root for him!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Needs take a year off and rest up imho
Agreed.. the Eddie fight wasn't even 6 months ago. So one year would be good. But I hope he is making good money, I think he gets 100k base pay with 100k win bonus. The Reebok money isn't shit for him since he only has a few fights, but the FOTN checks certainly help, which he absolutely deserves.

Still though.. a dude like this should be earning 10x that. Almost all the revenue for tonight's event was generated by the excitement of his main event vs Porier.. when you think of how many millions tonight earned, really, those guys should be making a mil each for being the entire attraction and having such amazing styles to create that kinda hype.

Fucked up how much % goes to the promotion instead of the fighters.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm hearing that millennial whoop in the hockey crowd in Anaheim now.

I suspect the producers are encouraging this...:(

Dirty Harry Potter

The smartass formerly known as Geezer
Apr 5, 2018
I love the highlight but he’s not going to beat many top guys without a smarter gameplan
Yeah, that style is ... (searching searching for the right words...) not....
not....sus... NOT SUSTAINABLE , that's it o_O

Hell of a fight . Original Terminator vs. T-2000 .
T-2000 was more technical and caught Original
with a couple of good ones , and it was O-ver.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Just caught up. Here are my take aways...
-Karate Hottie showed some great heart and improved wrestling, but she will never be elite at 115. (Still elite in hotness though).
- Israel has Anderson-like swag when he strikes and huge overall potential, but he was also exposed tonight. His nonchalant defense and amateur ground game off his back will mean losses for him soon enough if he doesn’t address those gaps.
- Condit is one of my top 10 fighters of all time, but his run is coming to an end. He is no longer elite. Give us one more against Matt Brown and they can both retire as warriors.
- Dustin/Gaethje certainly lived up to the hype. I was convinced Dustin would win by UD, so the finish was a nice surprise. Justin’s greatness will only go as far as his chin will take him. Is he doesn’t fight smarter, his career will have a steep decline.

Overall great night of fights. Sorry I couldn’t tune in live, but the conversation looked as fun and humorous as usual. Goodnight fellas!

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
That was the weakest stoppage I have ever seen. No surprise that it was by Herb Dean. Just fucking shameful.