UFC pays athletes 8%

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If that's true, it's even worse than I expected. I thought it was somewhere between 14% to 18%...8% is fucking criminal.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
You guys all know I'm no UFC defender, but we have to understand that both sides will always cite extremes that fit their narrative. Any rational person would hear Both sides and try to come to a conclusion in the middle grounds.

Id argue that 8% is a low extreme. All that said, we all know the UFC is paying jack shit. Fertittas went from 40m in the hole in 2003( or such) to selling for 4b just over a decade later.

Put that into perspective, think about how much of the pie the UFC was keeping compared to fighters. Now, with the new owners, there are massive efforts to try and keep even more of that pie. Jesus christ

Last edited:

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Id tend to side with the lesser of 2 evils, Dana calling Bjorn a con artist is like a fat person calling a donut a vegetable. I will chose to believe that the UFC is paying 8% until I hear from fighters disputing that. Till then its a piece of shit bitch slap fight.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Is this nothing but a personal vendetta for Bjorn? Or is he really invested in the the welbeing of fighters. If he wanted to lash out at Dana, he certainly knows how to have a comeback. Fighters shouldn't be caught in between though.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
You guys all know I'm no UFC defend we, but we have to understand that both sides will always cite extremes that fit their narrative. Any rational person would hear Both sides and try to come to a conclusion in the middle grounds.

Id argue that 8% is a low extreme. All that said, we all know the UFC is paying jack shit. Fertittas went from 40m in the hole in 2003( or such) to selling for 4b just over a decade later.

Put that into perspective, think about how much of the pie the UFC was keeping compared to fighters. Now, with the new owners, there are massive efforts to try and keep even more of that pie. Jesus christ
Who would have ever thought there would be a time that we would look back and 'remember when Zuffa just threw money around all over the place?'

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
...like a fat person calling a donut a vegetable.
I've read this a few times and I still don't get it. I laughed when I read it 'cause it sounded funny. But then I realized that I didn't actually understand it.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
It's true but it's not like Rebney was some fucking godsend to the fighters either when he was helming Bellator. They had their issues too

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Id tend to side with the lesser of 2 evils, Dana calling Bjorn a con artist is like a fat person calling a donut a vegetable. I will chose to believe that the UFC is paying 8% until I hear from fighters disputing that. Till then its a piece of shit bitch slap fight.
Love that analysis. I'm going to steal the veggie/doughnut bit.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I've read this a few times and I still don't get it. I laughed when I read it 'cause it sounded funny. But then I realized that I didn't actually understand it.
Lol. Keep up bro. It's English word wizardry. I'm jealous of those skills

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Locker room bonuses combined with Chuck and Matt's salaries drive this figure up to WELL over 100%.

The UFC hasn't just been scraping by, the former owners are now literally selling stuff out of their garages to help keep the whole thing going. When's the last time Dana and Lorenzo have been seen in public? They're almost certainly dead of starvation (while running these desperation garage sales).

Meanwhile the fighters continue to live it up like a gang of Mayweathers with their 4 and even 5-figure incomes.

Must be nice....enough is enough. Party time is over. Let's not make Dana and the Fertitta's starvation deaths meaningless by continuing to drown the roster in oceans of cash. Let's get the word out there and support the new owners in their noble mission to keep the UFC going by whatever means are necessary.

P

Punch

Locker room bonuses combined with Chuck and Matt's salaries drive this figure up to WELL over 100%.

The UFC hasn't just been scraping by, the former owners are now literally selling stuff out of their garages to help keep the whole thing going. When's the last time Dana and Lorenzo have been seen in public? They're almost certainly dead of starvation (while running these desperation garage sales).

Meanwhile the fighters continue to live it up like a gang of Mayweathers with their 4 and even 5-figure incomes.

Must be nice....enough is enough. Party time is over. Let's not make Dana and the Fertitta's starvation deaths meaningless by continuing to drown the roster in oceans of cash. Let's get the word out there and support the new owners in their noble mission to keep the UFC going by whatever means are necessary.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
And that 8% it's accurate. I don't believe it includes all the bonus money or PPV buys that some fighters get.

Guys like Pettis are millionaires...but I think he's only at a 100/100 deal.

I get the point...it's more like guaranteed amount rather than discretionary amounts.

TedCzech

Ted Czech
Jan 11, 2016
And that 8% it's accurate. I don't believe it includes all the bonus money or PPV buys that some fighters get.

Guys like Pettis are millionaires...but I think he's only at a 100/100 deal.

I get the point...it's more like guaranteed amount rather than discretionary amounts.
I know Pettis doesn't want to move out of Milwaukee, but with his millions he could at least get a fence or hire a security force Anthony Pettis speaks out after criminals targeted vehicles at his home twice: “Scary to see where the youth is at”