UFC Performance Institute Shanghai to open in 2019, will foster development of Asian MMA talent

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
UFC Performance Institute Shanghai to open in 2019, will foster development of Asian MMA talent

LAS VEGAS – China will host the UFC’s second Performance Institute, and construction is already underway for the massive 93,000-square foot facility.

UFC officials told MMAjunkie the new Shanghai training center is approximately three times larger than the original facility in Las Vegas and comes with a price tag of some $13 million, as well as an annual multi-million dollar operating budget.

“It’s an exciting day for the UFC and the UFC Performance Institute in that we are expanding our resources globally,” UFC VP of Operations for UFC Performance Institute James Kimball told MMAjunkie. “Part of our ambition from day one with the UFC Performance Institute was to expand upon our resources and build a network of facilities globally, the first of which will be located in Shanghai, China.

“We’re looking to open the facility in Q2 2019. Construction for the facility is currently underway.”

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It's important to slowly build up the Chinese market, but a single performance institute isn't going to do jack shit and Hollywood talent agents won't have the patience to do it properly.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Got to hand it to the UFC, they are serious about cultivating talent all over the world. Keep putting these Chinese in the octagon and sooner or later one of them is going to throw a fireball, I gaurantee it

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I'm surprised they haven't built one in Brazil or even the East coast of the US if they're going to try to get more people sucking from the company teet.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
didnt they learn from last time they tried to go in to china and failed? the chines dont want to see american wrestleboxing . they want to see chinese fighters in sanda and sanshou

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

LAS VEGAS – China will host the UFC’s second Performance Institute, and construction is already underway for the massive 93,000-square foot facility.

UFC officials told MMAjunkie the new Shanghai training center is approximately three times larger than the original facility in Las Vegas and comes with a price tag of some $13 million, as well as an annual multi-million dollar operating budget.

“It’s an exciting day for the UFC and the UFC Performance Institute in that we are expanding our resources globally,” UFC VP of Operations for UFC Performance Institute James Kimball told MMAjunkie. “Part of our ambition from day one with the UFC Performance Institute was to expand upon our resources and build a network of facilities globally, the first of which will be located in Shanghai, China.

“We’re looking to open the facility in Q2 2019. Construction for the facility is currently underway.”

Frankie - do me a favor and format future posts like this with a pic at the top, then text below w/out italics, and the link at the bottom. That will make it easy to promote to the front page. Thanks brother.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
Got to hand it to the UFC, they are serious about cultivating talent all over the world. Keep putting these Chinese in the octagon and sooner or later one of them is going to throw a fireball, I gaurantee it
We'll get it definitively settled as to whether some secret monk death touch art exists out there.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Frankie - do me a favor and format future posts like this with a pic at the top, then text below w/out italics, and the link at the bottom. That will make it easy to promote to the front page. Thanks brother.
I will do my best to remember

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
UFC Women's Performance Center in Podunk, Wyoming has already opened (in a former Target, apparently).

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
didnt they learn from last time they tried to go in to china and failed? the chines dont want to see american wrestleboxing . they want to see chinese fighters in sanda and sanshou
Not now they have song yaadong. Next multi weight champion