UFC president Dana White reveals just who is the greatest athlete in the history of the UFC

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

A COUPLE of years ago when Ronda Rousey first started to explore the possibility of having a movie career in addition to her reign as women’s bantamweight champion, UFC president Dana White admittedly had a few misgivings about the idea.

White had already dealt with former light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson forgoing a fight against Rashad Evans as a result of his role in “The A-Team” movie, so his trepidation about another fighter lime-lighting as a Hollywood star was understandable.

Thankfully, Rousey has handled her movie career and UFC career with flawless results. She’s managed to film parts in two major movies being released in 2015 -- ‘Furious 7’, which is the biggest movie in America currently as well as the ‘Entourage’ movie opening in June — while also defending her title in February with another fight already scheduled for UFC 190 in August.

“Let me tell you what, the greatest athlete I’ve ever worked with No. 1,” White said about Rousey on Tuesday when speaking to AM 570 Sports in Los Angeles. “She’s so hard working, focused, she’s amazing, she’s incredible. I couldn’t say enough good things about her.

“She’s one of the very few that can juggle all the things and make it all work...."

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Wasn't GSP a semi major villain in something that people didn't pan as a terrible role and execution that he filmed WHILE STILL A FIGHTER IN THE UFC?

What was that called again?

Oh yeah CAPTAIN AMERICA - WINTER SOLDIER.

This is all about Dana's butthurt about GSP to me. Period. He openly ignores the facts that are the same or superior in GSP's case, like competition and his MOVIE ROLE.

These are attempts to bait GSP out of retirement by acting like GSP never existed.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Oh Ronda, you like that? You done gooooooooood, yous a good kitty...

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Greatest athlete he's ever worked with. Not greatest athlete in the UFC. As in he's had the best experience doing business with her. The article is about how she has no trouble juggling her acting and mma career.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Greatest athlete he's ever worked with. Not greatest athlete in the UFC. As in he's had the best experience doing business with her. The article is about how she has no trouble juggling her acting and mma career.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Which based on how much GSP played ball for him, seems still ridiculous or about GSP not playing along post Hendricks fight/luring him back.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
You have to follow Zuffa's script right up to the point where you're brain damaged from fighting. Any departure from it prior to that is a betrayal.

Anyway, good luck to Uncle Fester controlling the media storm that Ronda is going to be after she smokes her next two opponents. The relationship might be hunky dory now, but I see lawyers in the future. This is, after all, the very reason why they want the brand to be bigger than the fighters.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Once Ronda loses they will throw her under the bus and then they will choose another fighter to hype.

Im not sure why people keep interviewing Dana. He has no credibility. I mean its his job to lie as a promoter, to create smoke and mirrors.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I like Dana, one of the few who do........but you could ask him this question every day for 50 years and the answer will likely always be whoever his top draw is on that day. If not, you can still be sure it will never be the name of a fighter who is no longer active for the UFC.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
LMAO, dirbag is getting as predictable as Vince McMahon except without the talent. Why oh Why?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I like Dana, one of the few who do........but you could ask him this question every day for 50 years and the answer will likely always be whoever his top draw is on that day. If not, you can still be sure it will never be the name of a fighter who is no longer active for the UFC.
And this is it here.