UFC rankings: Dern enters strawweight rankings despite not making weight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Who cares....Dern mops the floor with most of them anyway.

Just wait, her weight won’t be an issue anymore and she plows through the rest of these women like Jon Jones snorts through a fat line of coke.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I'm a fan of Mackenzie, I think she has great potential, but this being lazy thing has to end. Either get your head in the game or get out. Her BJJ is hands down the best in her division, and her striking has been improving fight to fight (that overhand shot that dropped Cooper was a thing of beauty), but she's way too young in her MMA career to be pulling the Jon Jones "I didn't train, I basically partied and showed up for this fight" shit.

I still love you Mackenzie, I just don't want to see Dern-weight being a thing.
is it common for someone who's highly disciplined enough to earn a Black Belt in JuJitsu be not disciplined to make weight?

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Who cares....Dern mops the floor with most of them anyway.

Just wait, her weight won’t be an issue anymore and she plows through the rest of these women like Jon Jones snorts through a fat line of coke.
I think fair comparison would be Kelvin Gastelum.

They're both good fighting at their original weight but too fat to make weight, when they can stay fat, destroyers.

M

member 603

is it common for someone who's highly disciplined enough to earn a Black Belt in JuJitsu be not disciplined to make weight?
No, because in IBJJF tournaments (where she's a multi time world champion) you weigh in right before your matches, in your gi, and you don't get any leeway.

I walk around at 215, I compete in the 208 division (because it's in kg). I have to cut 10 pounds because I have to figure the weight of my gi on my weigh in.

This is inexcusable.... But, she's owned it, realized that if she wants the publicity and promo push, she's gotta do her part, I hope to see better of her.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Do we still care about those? They made a ranking for P4P and call it official.

Thats a system fans created to give their fighters an edge over smaller or bigger fighters for the sake of arguement. “Well if you put MM against Fedor, and he kept his speed at HW, he could easily win.” “Yes, but if Fedor got his power at Flyweight, and had a height advantage, then Mouse can’t touch em!” “Yeah, but reach, what about the reach of these hypothetical Honey I Shrunk the Kids fighters?”

They made that an official ranking system they use. Let the instagram star be ranked fifteenth, can probably get a bikini post out if it.