UFC revises drug policy to combat contaminated supplements

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

The UFC and United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) have made significant revisions to the promotion's anti-doping policy in an effort to address concerns over an alarming rate of cases involving contaminated supplements.

The two major revisions, which the UFC announced Monday, are the adoption of a "UFC prohibited list," which sets threshold limits on what constitutes a positive drug test for several banned substances, as well as a list of "certified supplements" that offer immunity to athletes in the event they are found to be contaminated.

"The policy needs to be a living, breathing document that's progressive and allows us to pivot our stance, based on what the science supports," UFC chief business officer Hunter Campbell told ESPN. "Testing measures have gotten so good and the types of contaminants are changing constantly, you're seeing a rise in these types of cases."

Since the UFC partnered with USADA and launched its year-round drug testing program in 2015, a significant percentage of the cases involving failed drug tests have ultimately been linked to the ingestion of contaminated legal supplements, according to UFC senior vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky.

Essentially, the UFC and USADA have found that as drug testing technology advances -- and is capable of detecting extremely trace amounts of banned substances -- it is resulting in the punishment of athletes who have unknowingly consumed contaminated supplements and received no performance-enhancing benefits from them.

UFC's new drug policy fights tainted supplements

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
do you need a stooge to point out the monopoly implications? i can stooge it right up.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
fighters are now free to use all the gas station boners their little heart desires.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Damn son. I love how hard you ride those nuts.

The way it infuriates other posters is god damn amazing.

keep on keeping on.
its trolling, which creates other trolls and trolling
glad you love it though

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
its trolling, which creates other trolls and trolling
glad you love it though
Since I became a member here he’s not once fallen out of character. No matter how angry others get, no matter what the circumstances, he doesn’t break character. I find it hilarious.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Since I became a member here he’s not once fallen out of character. No matter how angry others get, no matter what the circumstances, he doesn’t break character. I find it hilarious.
Ya, I am used to it and the commitment is rock solid...I do laugh at times.

Still creates copycat trolls, and "shits up the threads" with arguing instead of discussion. Triggering anger gets old for some users of forums, and on the other hand apparently that is exactly what some enjoy.

To each their own, MMA forums are filled with Shtick posters.

All I know is that if somebody thinks Jon Jones has failed20+ PED tests and counting then they are gullible, lying, or trolling...Jon Jones is one of the dirtiest fighters in MMA history...The ESPN Jones defense tweet is hilarious and insulting...still haven't found the source for either of his two failed PED tests

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Ya, I am used to it and the commitment is rock solid...I do laugh at times.

Still creates copycat trolls, and "shits up the threads" with arguing instead of discussion. Triggering anger gets old for some users of forums, and on the other hand apparently that is exactly what some enjoy.

To each their own, MMA forums are filled with Shtick posters.

All I know is that if somebody thinks Jon Jones has failed20+ PED tests and counting then they are gullible, lying, or trolling...Jon Jones is one of the dirtiest fighters in MMA history...The ESPN Jones defense tweet is hilarious and insulting...still haven't found the source for either of his two failed PED tests
How can you be upset at someone who agrees with the UFC narrative? All he does is push the company line and people get insanely upset by it. the only thing he pushes is what the UFC promotes.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
How can you be upset at someone who agrees with the UFC narrative? All he does is push the company line and people get insanely upset by it. the only thing he pushes is what the UFC promotes.
I am not upset, that is your word...I just call a troll a troll...he fits the definition perfectly...trolls get old to some people, not just me.

Personally I just don't praise the trolls
Heard that your not supposed to feed em

Last edited: