VID UFC Rising Stars: Brian Ortega

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015

I only knew him from Gracie Breakdown videos but all of a sudden he's a big star.
He's called T-City for his expertise in the Triangle Choke.

This guy can come back from the dead to choke you out at the last seconds of the fight or just beat your ass and catch you with a sub while you're busy being picked apart.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
He's a good guy, rolling with him was a unique experience. That was in 2012, I can't imagine what he's like now.

Coach James has a heart of gold and fists of steel, it's incredible how far Brian's striking has come in a short time.

T

The Big Guy

Ortega is way overrated. He was losing to fuxking guida before he finished him. Was losing to moicano before getting a gift td attempt.

Frankie smashes him and i get paid big again just like frankie vs yair

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Ortega is way overrated. He was losing to fuxking guida before he finished him. Was losing to moicano before getting a gift td attempt.

Frankie smashes him and i get paid big again just like frankie vs yair

What in the holy fuck are you talking about, overrated????

Yeah Frankie probably beats him but your logic is silly, losing to Frankie, a GOAT in my mind, dont mean he's overrated. Dude is the flat out best jits guy in the ufc at 145, or at least on the level of Aloe Vera. Might be as good as anyone in the world in MMA grappling. His grappling is no joke and he's become a solid striker, he was holding his own against Moicano on the feet.

Your out of your head to say he is overrated

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
He has something in common with Cris Cyborg
no, he admitted his guilt and moved on as a better person. That's the opposite of Cyborg.

Brian stood in front of the kids class that he teaches, admitted what he did, explained why it was wrong, and begged their forgiveness.

T

The Big Guy

What in the holy fuck are you talking about, overrated????

Yeah Frankie probably beats him but your logic is silly, losing to Frankie, a GOAT in my mind, dont mean he's overrated. Dude is the flat out best jits guy in the ufc at 145, or at least on the level of Aloe Vera. Might be as good as anyone in the world in MMA grappling. His grappling is no joke and he's become a solid striker, he was holding his own against Moicano on the feet.

Your out of your head to say he is overrated
His jits is good ill give you that. But i wouldnt hug those nuts so tight just yet.

He has been losing most of these fights he wins. Again thats not always bad cause guys like romero and lewis consistently win after losing a few rounds. But thats not a great strategy in a prospect.

As long as hes in the top 10 that hail mary choke or knee wont be there as often and your boys gonna be losing 30 27s or 29 28s alot more than pulling that rabbit out of his ass.

Write this down. Remind me when its happening

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
@Registered Sex Offender

I am not saying he is the FW GOAT. but you calling him overrated is just insane my man. It's also crazy that you are not seeing his dramatic improvements in his striking. Was he beating Moicano and Cub on the feet, no but he was holding his own. LOL at he was losing until he won logic. Dude he subbed Moicanao a jits black belt himself and you say he lucked into it?

I guess I did learn something new today, I never knew you could luck into subs against outstanding grapplers, as Ortego did against Renato and Cub, but I guess according to you he just lucked into those wins.

LOL

T

The Big Guy

@Registered Sex Offender

I am not saying he is the FW GOAT. but you calling him overrated is just insane my man. It's also crazy that you are not seeing his dramatic improvements in his striking. Was he beating Moicano and Cub on the feet, no but he was holding his own. LOL at he was losing until he won logic. Dude he subbed Moicanao a jits black belt himself and you say he lucked into it?

I guess I did learn something new today, I never knew you could luck into subs against outstanding grapplers, as Ortego did against Renato and Cub, but I guess according to you he just lucked into those wins.

LOL
He got lucky cause moicano shot a td against a grappler he was beating on the feet. That was a win for moicano if he just kept striking. This isnt my opinion but a opinion shared by many media and betting outlets and if they rematch today id bet 2-3 to 1 that ortega loses.

Or maybe frankie shoots in rd 3 and ortega hits the lotto again. I guess we will find out

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Big fan of T-City. I hope he'll get that belt someday.

People talking about gifts, Frankie himself got plenty of them.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Big fan of T-City. I hope he'll get that belt someday.

People talking about gifts, Frankie himself got plenty of them.

Agree, He's put in the work, has come a long way, helps out a lot with teaching young students -- definitely would like to see him reach the top.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
He got lucky cause moicano shot a td against a grappler he was beating on the feet. That was a win for moicano if he just kept striking. This isnt my opinion but a opinion shared by many media and betting outlets and if they rematch today id bet 2-3 to 1 that ortega loses.

Or maybe frankie shoots in rd 3 and ortega hits the lotto again. I guess we will find out
Capitalizing on your opponent's mistake isn't luck, it's the name of the game.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's just crazy to say subbing MMA jits standouts like Moicano and Cub are lucky. I am sure a lot on here have trained or do train at this moment. An elite Black Belt can give a lot other grappler his next willingly and still break free and then sub the other guy. T City was famously known in MMA circles for having the best bottom game of any 145 er coming in to those fights, and still pulls of exactly that kind of wins, against a black and brown belt in jits, who knew to expect that from him.

Luck? Or more like clear cut skill and shrewd thinking?