UFC scores promotional deal with Motel 6

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), after more than 25 years in the mixed martial arts (MMA) business, has finally hit the big time, scoring an elite, high-end sponsorship with Motel 6. Believe it or not, the two have quite a bit in common.

You’re just as likely to find blood stains on the linens as you are on the Octagon floor.

In addition, both UFC events and Motel 6 accommodations are loud enough to keep even the heaviest sleepers awake, while the overpriced concessions in each location will give you the shits for the remainder of the weekend.

Okay, enough joking aside. This was actually the right thing to do.

After all, if the promotion is going to fuck over the fans every time Jon Jones fails a drug test, forcing them to rent two separate rooms, one of them should be inexpensive and easily accessible from the highway.

Not only does that make it convenient for fans like you, traveling to the nearest arena, it also helps the ambulance reach you faster after the local drug dealer stabs you in the chest and steals your wallet.

“We’re excited to join with Motel 6 to create a new partnership category for UFC,” said Paul Asencio, UFC Senior Vice President, Global Partnerships. “This new agreement strengthens our relationship with Motel 6 and allows our respective brands to work together to grow our customers in key markets.”

The sponsorship will come with the usual bells and whistles, including in-venue commercials, branded integrations in select UFC pay-per-views, and collaborations on digital and social media campaigns, according to the press release.

In celebration of the new deal, the UFC corporate offices will undergo a branded takeover of the facility, which means lime stains around all the bathroom faucets, as well as dead roaches entombed in dust-bunny caskets under every piece of furniture.

Perhaps UFC can strike while the iron is hot and also lock down an official sponsorship with CiCi’s Pizza, so you can die from food poisoning and save yourself the trip to Motel 6, affectionately known as “Blowtel 6” in the trucking community.

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
this is what we've all been dreaming of since the early underground NHB days. all praise be to jesus.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I stayed in a few...not that great
saved my per diem and slept in work truck and was just as happy...bathed in creek water like a savage

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
might as well go back to mickeys malt liquor in the center of the ring while they are at it

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
A friend of mine once walked into the WRONG room and got dealt with
The only 3 things he might have gotten by walking into the wrong Motel 6 room (not that I can think of a "right" room @ Motel 6) are:
  • Bedbugs
  • Scabies
  • A $10 bj from the hooker/meth-head living in that room

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The only 3 things he might have gotten by walking into the wrong Motel 6 room (not that I can think of a "right" room @ Motel 6) are:
  • Bedbugs
  • Scabies
  • A $10 bj from the hooker/meth-head living in that room
drug dealers