UFC slugger Mike Perry hails girlfriend Latory Gonzalez after she corners him to big win at UFC Vegas 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

UFC welterweight Mike Perry hailed the contribution of his girlfriend, who acted as his lone corner person during his decision win over Mickey Gall at UFC Vegas 4 on Saturday night.

Perry was widely mocked for his bizarre decision to abandon a traditional fight night coaching team as he instead arrived at the octagon on fight night with only his girlfriend Latory Gonzalez in tow, armed with just a bucket and an ice bag.

Despite his out-of-the-ordinary approach to his corner, Perry went on to claim an impressive win over Gall, and hailed his girlfriend's support and contribution to his success on fight night....

Continue reading:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I’m glad to see a fighter rely on his game and feeling lbs but I do believe some corners are very valuable.....

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He can’t adjust to tactical advice either, or improve his skill set, so coaches really are useless to him.
true

next time Perry did what somebody told him to do will be the first time Perry did what somebody told him to do

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He actually started throwing straight punches somewhere late first or early second
Stiff Jab that I hadn't seen before and a chopping heavy non looping right
Made that adjustment on his own me thinks

I don't think his hot corner lady said anything but "put your hands up" and "hit him"

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
He actually started throwing straight punches somewhere late first or early second
Stiff Jab that I hadn't seen before and a chopping heavy non looping right
Made that adjustment on his own me thinks

I don't think his hot corner lady said anything but "put your hands up" and "hit him"
She put the ice on his head in between rounds

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Most of the time Perry sounds like a blabbering idiot. However, he kind of made sense when talking about not paying additional cornermen. How much did he save by not having them? Is this a trend that could pick up steam? I can see the value in having cornermen, but for veterans who know how to fight i can also see the logic in saving the money.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
been wondering myself. they did a submission grappling competition together as man and wife in late February.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Josh Thomson had some advice for Perry going forward.

View: https://youtu.be/W0edJzEUkas

Cliffs: Get a a sponsor to pay him to be in the corner. Basically find someone to pay for the “cornerman” experience.
It’s not a bad idea because I’m sure there are some people that would pay good money for the backstage and behind the scenes experience and the cage side seats for the fight.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
fuck that is a wild idea. you could go in the cage between rounds and laugh, do a little dance - as long as you don't get in the way. what an experience! thou$ands of dollars to be made

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
fuck that is a wild idea. you could go in the cage between rounds and laugh, do a little dance - as long as you don't get in the way. what an experience! thou$ands of dollars to be made
Team Alpha Male did that a couple of times I think with contests, letting the contest winner be a cornerman.

*but some places don't allow more than one person to actually enter the cage anymore