UFC-USADA loophole could be letting chosen athletes avoid testing in secret

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Dana White recently claimed that Ronda Rousey isn’t retired, and that “USADA is still popping up at her house testing her, but she refuses to retire.” USADA maintains a database of all tests conducted, but according to this database, Rousey hasn’t been tested at all in 2017.

Rousey was last tested in the fourth quarter of 2016 according to the list. Her last fight was a losing effort to Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 on December 30th, 2016.

Since it’s theoretically possible that Rousey has been in the…

UFC-USADA loophole could be letting chosen athletes avoid testing in secret

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
that. is. greasy. greeeeheeeeheeeeheeeeeeeasy!

Really nice piece of investigative journalism imo. this guy dug into the wabbit hole and found the GOODS!

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
Dude, wtf man! I always had a sneaking suspicion this is how it went. I told my wife years ago (pre usada) when she said how come super yoked fighters pass drug tests. I said I'm sure there are ways around using certain techniques, but my honest opinion is that UFC knows and holds it over them to make them "play ball". The ones who don't end up getting popped. I've always thought this, however to maintain plausible deniability, it's like an unspoken agreement.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Great find Wild. Kudos to the reporter who figured all this out. I'm sure a lot of research had to be done just to get the info he shared and there seems to be so much more we don't know that only adds more suspicion.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
If someone was able to prove this had happened with anyone there would be lawsuits the likes of which the UFC has never seen.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
people know ahead of time what tests can detect and when you need to cycle stuff and switch it up and what to stay away from altogether-- the ones who flunk are not doing they're homework

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Always thought manipulation was natural and inevitable, shows how poorly Jon Jones chose to do his PEDs

He probably had all the strings pulled for him and still messed it up.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If someone was able to prove this had happened with anyone there would be lawsuits the likes of which the UFC has never seen.
Does anyone know what happened to all those lawsuits that were floating around during the zuffa era? I havent heard shit about them in forever

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Interesting article. As much as I love conspiracies, this isn't one I can buy into. Too many high profile fighters have been popped. If they wanted to protect the cash cows they wouldn't have let some of these guys take the hit.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
Always thought manipulation was natural and inevitable, shows how poorly Jon Jones chose to do his PEDs

He probably had all the strings pulled for him and still messed it up.
There's lots of folks in my industry and in others, I'm sure, who say it's not a drug test, it's an IQ test; only the dumb ones fail.

T

The Big Guy

The ufc knows whats in the tests and give ngannou everything that they dont test for

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
There's lots of folks in my industry and in others, I'm sure, who say it's not a drug test, it's an IQ test; only the dumb ones fail.
yes

I think very few of the random tests are random

timing is everything

M

member 3289

Article reads like it was written by a high school student.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Does anyone know what happened to all those lawsuits that were floating around during the zuffa era? I havent heard shit about them in forever
Still in the early stages on the big one with Fitch and the gang. Soooo many documents to sort through and determine what is pertinent and what isn't allowed and yada yada yada. I'll see if I can find an update when I get home. But basically there's still a very long way to go before it gets interesting.

bully4me

Aug 10, 2015
TEN athletes out of 600 haven't been tested in 2017 according to this authors findings. These are fighters who are telling USADA they are retiring but have not been released by the UFC.

I'm not finding a HUGE conspiracy here. Ten fighters out of 600 I can believe have intentions of retirement. I can also see the UFC not letting them retire from their contracts for obvious reasons. If a fighter says they want to retire, the UFC won't just let them out of their contract. It could be a ploy to get out of said contract and fight somewhere else.

Fighters may semi-retire or be badly injured, knowing the fighter isn't going to be fighting again for some time or is going to be having surgery and or rehab, no point in spending the cash testing. Also with injury fighters may be taking banned substances needed for rehab.

This is a very small percent of fighters we're talking about here. What is being insinuated is nuts! Let a few fighters off, word gets out the UFC could be screwed. As pointed out above, lawsuits would be huge and could kill the company. Just don't see it happening.