UFC will NOT be returning to Sphere despite record success

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1726533312172.png

Last weekend’s UFC 306 pay-per-view (PPV) event broke multiple revenue records.

Not only did the “O’Malley vs. Merab” card become the highest-grossing UFC event, as well as the highest-grossing show at The Sphere in Las Vegas, it also set a record for the most merchandise ever sold during a live UFC event.

Those types of profits would make a return to The Sphere seem like a no-brainer, but it turns out UFC CEO Dana White has no plans to make a second trip to the high-tech venue, and it’s not because of the hefty production price tag.

“No, I’m under contract with MGM,” White told reporters at the UFC 306 post-fight press conference (watch it here). “I told you guys leading up to this, the way that this whole thing played out, tonight was meant to happen. It happened, we did it, we killed it ... I have literally been getting blown up by everybody about this event. The other thing we did was that it translated well onto television, too. People felt like it was a different experience than they get on a normal Saturday night for a UFC event.”

UFC will NOT be returning to Sphere despite record success — Dana White explains why - MMAmania.com

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
glad the record was successfull

Lyrics
[Verse]
In the octagon, warriors collide
Blood and sweat, nowhere to hide
Fists fly, dreams on the line
Champions rise, it's their time

[Chorus]
Fight like a warrior, never back down