UFC's Julianna Pena allegedly groin kicked two men at bar

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Details are out on the arrest of UFC women's bantamweight Julianna Pena, who was booked on assault charges early Sunday morning. According to a Spokane, WA police report, Pena and her training partner were denied use of the bathroom at Zola's bar following an alleged street fight, and Pena responded by kicking the bar's owner and an employee in the groin. (via MMA Fighting):

An alleged victim and two witnesses told officers that Pena and Josh Gow, her training partner on the Sikjitsu fight team, attempted to enter Zola's bar after being involved in a street fight. Witnesses said Gow's face was covered in blood from the brawl and the two wanted to use the bathroom to get Gow cleaned up. Bar employees told Pena and Gow that the establishment was closed and they could not come in, which prompted Pena to become "irate," according to one witness.

Witnesses said that Pena kicked a bar employee in the groin and then, while outside the business, kicked the owner in the groin twice. Gow did not get physical with anyone, witnesses said, and was described as being clearly drunk. The two attempted to enter Zola's again, witnesses said, but were locked out. Gow then rubbed his bloody face on the bar's front window, according to witnesses.

According to Sgt. Erik Kannberg, Pena, who was the only person arrested at the scene per Spokane officials, said the fight involved 20 people outside a different establishment, but denied anything happened at Zola's and that she and Gow left after they were barred from entering Zola's.

Kannberg said Pena told him that they had been involved in a fight with 20 people outside Globe, Gow had suffered a facial injury and she wanted to take him to Zola's to clean up because she knew the owner. Pena said that employees at Zola's didn't let them in because Gow was bleeding, according to Kannberg. Pena indicated that they had then left, Kannberg said. He wrote that he asked Pena if anything happened and she said no.

UFC vice president of public relations Dave Sholler told MMA Fighting on Sunday that the promotion is "aware of the situation" and "in the process of gathering more info."

LINK: Police report: UFC's Julianna Pena allegedly groin kicked two men at bar

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'd hate to fight pena. She's got powerful legs and could likely drive through a double leg and I'd be helpless. I'd have to start biting her face like a crazy chimp to stand any chance I think

Then people would act like I'm the bad person...

Pfft

M

member 3289

Not surprising. Latin chicks are completely fucking nuts.

It's in their blood.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The village idiot in the town I grew up in did this once after anot her guy punched him

He got chucked out and then went up to the window and kinda fell/slid down while talking shit to the people inside.

People still gave him shit about it 10 years after it happened to set him off. Funny stuff

P

Punch

I know right, have a difference of opinion with someone, argue your point and you become a troll. SMH
No man. A difference of opinion is welcome. That leads to discussions. Or at least it would if you were dealing with a non sad sack loser who feels the need to argue just for the sake of arguing, or to make themselves feel better about their shitty pathetic lives.

This is a place for discussion and fellowship. I already saw 2 good posters talk about leaving and more talking about how shitty some of these parasites are.

Wild @welcometothemcgregorera , Splinty @STANDWITHRAND , La Paix @BirdWatcher and all of the mods cannot be blind to it. But just because they have been lenient doesn't mean I have to be. Fuck a bully. I don't play that game.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
wait whats happening?who is a troll and who is talking about leaving?

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
Pena kicked 2 dudes in the nuts? Ouch.

A damn shame, cause she's working her way up the ranks & seems to be a tough fight for anyone...Including 2 untrained dudes in a street fight.

I wonder how the UFC will handle this.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Pena kicked 2 dudes in the nuts? Ouch.

A damn shame, cause she's working her way up the ranks & seems to be a tough fight for anyone...Including 2 untrained dudes in a street fight.

I wonder how the UFC will handle this.
Honestly, other than the statement they issued, I doubt they even address it. I dont see them issuing a suspension or anything like that.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
Honestly, other than the statement they issued, I doubt they even address it. I dont see them issuing a suspension or anything like that.
Normally I would say that it's bad for the sport, & makes MMA fighters look like thugs, blah blah blah. But if anything, the UFC has shown that they only care about $$$, & will most likely sweep it under the rug.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Pretty stupid on Pena's part. Man or woman, if you're a professional fighter, a trained killer, you shouldn't be raising your fists (or feet) on civilians in anything other than self defense.

I think there should be harsher punishment for pro fighters who are convicted of assault.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
i think you're probably right. she's gonna get into legal trouble....that might be enough.

isn't matt hughes in charge of making fighters behave right in public?....maybe she'll get a lecture from hughes.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
i think you're probably right. she's gonna get into legal trouble....that might be enough.

isn't matt hughes in charge of making fighters behave right in public?....maybe she'll get a lecture from hughes.
Everyone gets a lecture from Hughes...whether they need it or not lol.