General UK General Election - Poll

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who did you vote for?

• Labour

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Tories

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Who did you vote for and why?

I voted Labour, I'm fucking fed up living in an 'austerity' society with tax cuts to the uber rich. I'm fed up with the NHS and all our services being underfunded. I'm fed up that public sector workers not having a pay rise in 5 years. I'm fed up with losing 20,000 police officers from our streets, I'm fed up with a government who truly doesn't give a shit about Joe Public.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015

I voted Labour, I'm fucking fed up living in an 'austerity' society with tax cuts to the uber rich. I'm fed up with the NHS and all our services being underfunded. I'm fed up that public sector workers not having a pay rise in 5 years. I'm fed up with losing 20,000 police officers from our streets, I'm fed up with a government who truly doesn't give a shit about Joe Public.

Good thing you lot stayed back and got rid of all those handkerchief thieves aye pommy?

"Australian economy surges as household spending soars, Morrison says we’re the ‘envy of the world’"

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
I'm pretty positive about the chance of a Labour majority, although as is usual the older generation will likely be sticking with Tory despite the fact they have failed on a consistent basis dating back to when I was born

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
i voted tory. labour won't do anything they claim and a lot of their supporters are numbskulls and severely lacking in intelligence.
they think money grows on trees, the party and a lot of the people. magic it up.......

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I'm pretty positive about the chance of a Labour majority, although as is usual the older generation will likely be sticking with Tory despite the fact they have failed on a consistent basis dating back to when I was born
i voted tory. labour won't do anything they claim and a lot of their supporters are numbskulls and severely lacking in intelligence.
they think money grows on trees, the party and a lot of the people. magic it up.......
I agree with both these criticisms. Tories believe in Supply Side economics. Labour believe in magic fairies.

I'm voting Lib Dem later today. Or maybe Green. I don't want either to win, just can't bring myself to vote for the big two.

Last edited:

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
Tbh that's the side of politics I don't care for. The name calling between the different sides. I don't support any one side in particular, but I haven't seen anything from Theresa May that gives me confidence in her

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Tbh that's the side of politics I don't care for. The name calling between the different sides. I don't support any one side in particular, but I haven't seen anything from Theresa May that gives me confidence in her
it almost reminds me of the us election. you pick against what you don't believe in from the 2 major parties but that doesn't mean you like the one your voting for or you pick another party but one of those 2 is most likely to get in.............

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
I agree with both these criticisms. Tory's believe in Supply Side economics. Labour believe in magic fairies.

I'm voting Lib Dem later today. Or maybe Green. I don't want either to win, just can't bring myself to vote for the big two.
If I lived in the UK still I'd likely be more supportive of a particular side cos I would be experiencing it more directly. Issue with politics as a whole is that it is hard for a good candidate to come through since they usually won't be there representing a major party. End up having to decide between the lesser of the evils.

GBK16

Mar 27, 2017
it almost reminds me of the us election. you pick against what you don't believe in from the 2 major parties but that doesn't mean you like the one your voting for or you pick another party but one of those 2 is most likely to get in.............
Pretty much. Trump likely wouldn't have won had he come up against Bernie Sanders. The fact he was against Clinton who is despised just as much amongst the public gave him the advantage he needed. A large amount of Americans I talked to said they wanted to vote for Gary Johnson but said they didn't just cos they felt their vote would be wasted there.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The nige needs to take over again

Make ukip great again

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

Smart man.
I'm not there anymore & can't vote (except on this thread :D), but I suspect this is where I would have leaned.

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
I agree with both these criticisms. Tories believe in Supply Side economics. Labour believe in magic fairies.

Likewise.
Trouble is, last time I voted Lib Dem and that turned out to be a Tory vote :(

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Can you trust exit polls?
The short answer is, yes and no.

Broadcasters have been using exit polls since at last 1974 and it is true that in the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s there were were some horrific misses. Here are the figures, showing how far the gap was between the predicted majority of the winning part and the actual majority.

October 1974

ITN: Wrong by 12

BBC: Wrong by 132

ITN: Wrong by 20

BBC: Wrong by 29

ITN: Wrong by 28

BBC: Wrong by 2

ITN: Wrong by 34

BBC: Wrong by 76

ITN: Wrong by 62

BBC: Wrong by 70

ITN: Wrong by 20

BBC: Wrong by 6

But in the last decade and a half the exit polls have become much more accurate.

Here are the figures for 2001.

ITN: Wrong by 8

BBC: Wrong by 10

From 2005 onwards there has been a joint exit poll, firstly commissioned for ITN and the BBC, and then, from 2010 onwards, for Sky too. Its record has been much better.

Wrong by 0. It predicted a Labour majority of 66, which Labour got.

Wrong by 0. It said the Tories would be 19 short of a majority, and they were.

Wrong by 22. It said the Tories would be 10 seats short of a majority, but they got a majority of 12.