Cinema UK / US: The Office

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jim & Pam or Tim & Dawn

• Total voters

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
For fans of both the British and American versions of The Office, which pairing do you prefer?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I’ve only watched a 45 second clip of the UK office and it was funny
It was a UK version first so I’m voting UK

don’t know who the fook any if they characters are so tell me the uk ones and I’ll vote for them
If you’re a silly bugger and tell me the wrong facking one I’ll change me facking vote to the correct one, you bloody wankers

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Only seen the American version. Seen so many argue about which one is better. I'll have to watch the British version one day...

M

member 3289

Jim and Pam but I prefer the British version overall (even though there aren't nearly as many episodes).

Both great

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
I’ve only watched a 45 second clip of the UK office and it was funny
It was a UK version first so I’m voting UK

don’t know who the fook any if they characters are so tell me the uk ones and I’ll vote for them
If you’re a silly bugger and tell me the wrong facking one I’ll change me facking vote to the correct one, you bloody wankers
I put your post into Google translate and it’s still gibberish. Anyway you would vote for Tim and Dawn if you are going British.

Dick Niaz

Jan 14, 2018
Only seen the American version. Seen so many argue about which one is better. I'll have to watch the British version one day...
It’s worth it. Ricky Gervais’ portrayal of the character David Brent is iconic. It is very smart, subtle comedy but SO funny. It is only two seasons plus a two part follow up “Christmas Special” to close out the series, so it is not a big investment of time. Have a watch, you’ll like it!

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jim and Pam but I prefer the British version overall (even though there aren't nearly as many episodes).

Both great
I found the british show funny, but hard to watch. Probably because I binged the american version.

A british show that was cut far too early was the IT crowd.

M

member 3289

It’s worth it. Ricky Gervais’ portrayal of the character David Brent is iconic. It is very smart, subtle comedy but SO funny. It is only two seasons plus a two part follow up “Christmas Special” to close out the series, so it is not a big investment of time. Have a watch, you’ll like it!
I THINK THERE'S BEEN A RAPE UP THERE!!!

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Never watched it. Aside from a clip of gervais doing a weirdo dance.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
The American version is far superior, as with most things American.

Far more character development, far more heart, and just funnier.
Much of Brit comedy has turned mean, and mean isn't funny.

Le Chat Noir
©

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
From a recent study:

"When YouGov, which is headquartered in the UK, conducted the survey in early May, they had enough British respondents to break the responses down by age and gender. They discovered a big generational divide just 2% of men age 18-24 described themselves as “completely masculine” compared with 56% of the men age 65 and over (unfortunately, with only 1,000 respondents in the US, they could only describe the responses by age or gender). "

This explains so much with some of the Brits on this site!

Le Chat Noir
©

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
From a recent study:

"When YouGov, which is headquartered in the UK, conducted the survey in early May, they had enough British respondents to break the responses down by age and gender. They discovered a big generational divide just 2% of men age 18-24 described themselves as “completely masculine” compared with 56% of the men age 65 and over (unfortunately, with only 1,000 respondents in the US, they could only describe the responses by age or gender). "

This explains so much with some of the Brits on this site!

Le Chat Noir
©
It's why they look for answers at the bottom of the bottle.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
....”I’ve got his attention... Get. Their. Attention.”

Simply brilliant.

I haven't seen much of the US one. It doesn't compare to what I've seen tbh. The UK one is far superior.

It was of it's time. This was the period in UK TV where we were awash with these early stabs at 'reality' tv. Gervais and Merchant utterly skewered it before it took off. So luckily we never see any of those anymore.

The Office is pretty perfect. It's subtlety and things left unsaid are it's strong points. But it's characters are also so relate able. We've all met a Brent and had a crush on a Dawn and wanted to smack a Gareth in the face.

It's almost impossible to be better than the original and this isn't any different.

Fans of this should check out I'm Alan Partridge.

If you really want to nerd out start with Knowing Me, Knowing then watch the descent in slow motion from start to finish.

It's as good if not better than The Office.

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the british version looks like it was filmed using a potato. I have only seen like half an episode of it. british shameless is a lot worse than the u.s version. the only good u.k show is top boy and luther had its moments.