Lifestyle Under what circumstances would you hit someone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
What is your personal limit of disrespect that isn't threatening or requires self defense? Do you believe sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you or are there circumstances in which just on words alone you'd lay hands on someone?

Not related to anything in particular. Just curious.

M

member 3289

Never over words. No matter what. Grow up if you get that triggered.

Someone physically threatening a family member is the only situation I can imagine resorting to physical violence.

It's actually the only time I've ever had to punch someone but cool story bro yadda yadda.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

Someone physically threatening a family member is the only situation I can imagine resorting to physical violence.

It's actually the only time I've ever had to punch someone but cool story bro yadda yadda.
You don't even take advantage of the free privates from BJJ black belts you're offered by friends you've made on here, so you're exempted from this conversation.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Normally I say nothing. I hear a lot of dumb stuff and have been told a lot of dumb stuff. Lions don't worry about the sheep or something like that...
This is the privilege that comes with yacht ownership.

But if you stuck me in a room with Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken And I had to listen to him talk about his favorite fighter Beth Corriera endlessly I am sure it would come to blows. Every man has his breaking point.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

What about a situation in which somebody said something still hurtful about your loved one that it crushed them? Do you then tell your loved one to just get over it and stop being so triggered? Or do you want to seek vengeance? Not because the words themselves matter so much but because of the intent and the result of hurting someone you care about?

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I follow the hockey code. If I want to fight someone and he wants to fight me, violence is fine. It is not okay to engage in violence against someone who clearly isn’t interested in a physical altercation.

Same goes for spectatorship. If two guys mutually agree to fight then I feel free to stand back and watch. If one person is trying to avoid violence while the other person is inflicting, I feel obligated to jump in.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I follow the hockey code. If I want to fight someone and he wants to fight me, violence is fine. It is not okay to engage in violence against someone who clearly isn’t interested in a physical altercation.

Same goes for spectatorship. If two guys mutually agree to fight then I feel free to stand back and watch. If one person is trying to avoid violence while the other person is inflicting, I feel obligated to jump in.
Respectfully, that's not the question. The question is are there any circumstances under which someone could say something to you or someone you care about or in reference to either where you think hitting them might be justifiable?

M

member 3289

What about a situation in which somebody said something still hurtful about your loved one that it crushed them? Do you then tell your loved one to just get over it and stop being so triggered? Or do you want to seek vengeance? Not because the words themselves matter so much but because of the intent and the result of hurting someone you care about?
Possibly. I guess it would depend on the situation. I'd likely seek alternative ways of getting back at the person if at all possible, though.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Respectfully, that's not the question. The question is are there any circumstances under which someone could say something to you or someone you care about or in reference to either where you think hitting them might be justifiable?
Yes. If an adult man intentionally caused my daughter emotional stress. I would attack him physically.

If someone was just using words towards me I wouldn’t escalate it to violence on the words alone. I guess I could see myself losing my temper enough where I might tell someone that if they continue talking to me in a certain way, then I will get violent.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i would fuck all of you guys up just for asking that question

soft ass lolly fart bitches

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I go against the grain on this one. I believe there are words that warrant a slap in the head, and perhaps a punch in th mouth. I hve no problem seeing somebody held accountable for their big filthy hurtful mouth. Fuck 'im!

I'm not talking about every little insult, but to say there are no words that warrent a little violence, I struggle with it. I'm pretty sure I could create 2 or 3 hypothetical situations right off the top of my head that I think most rational thinking people could easily get on board with.

With that said, what Will Smith did was a total bitch move.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Saying something truly offensive to my wife or kid. What Chris Rock said to Jada doesn't even come close.

T

The Big Guy

I dont like to tolerate any of that shit. I really dont like people I dont know touching me for any reason.

Just recently a work friend tried to poke me in the chest while he was telling me some story that involved a chest poke and I smacked his hand away and almost punched him. I felt bad but I didnt tell him

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
If you're a nerd and have to hit someone over words, than you're no better than Shish Khabib when he went full retard full Shish Khabib and had to jump the GOAT Artem Lobov with all his goons...