General Unintentional business names

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Those sound like streets in Burnaby
Kingsway is a main artery that runs through the middle of Vancouver and Burnaby right to the border of New Westminster when it straightens out and becomes 12th street. Boundary forms the border between East Vancouver and Burnaby. You have been here before I gather Leigh @Leigh ?

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Alright now I remember why Pho Bitch Nigga rings a bell. It's down Kingsway near Victoria Drive intersection. That is where the Green Cross dispensary is. I have walked by that thing many times over the years. Many times ;)

I don't believe I ever remember it being open though, they just left the cool bitch nigga sign up for posterity I suppose.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Kingsway is a main artery that runs through the middle of Vancouver and Burnaby right to the border of New Westminster when it straightens out and becomes 12th street. Boundary forms the border between East Vancouver and Burnaby. You have been here before I gather Leigh @Leigh ?
I lived there for a couple of years.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Live in Oxford, there are loads of businesses and university buildings called "ISIS" something or other. River Thames sometimes called by it's original name of the source or something like that. Not so catchy these days.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I lived there for a couple of years.
I'll be damned. There are a few BC guys but who would have thought you'd be the only sort of 'local' I would have to talk to here.

There is a guy from down White Rock way on the map which is actually where I grew up way back in the day but he doesn't seem to be very active by the look of it.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I'll be damned. There are a few BC guys but who would have thought you'd be the only sort of 'local' I would have to talk to here.

There is a guy from down White Rock way on the map which is actually where I grew up way back in the day but he doesn't seem to be very active by the look of it.
I lived in Burnaby for a bit and trained with Jason Fairn. Also did a little with Marcus Soares but not much. I fought in the first RAW Combat in Poco. My grandmother lives at the foot of Burnaby Mountain.

Moved to Surrey and trained with the Jaunceys for a while. I fought a few times in BC.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I lived in Burnaby for a bit and trained with Jason Fairn. Also did a little with Marcus Soares but not much. I fought in the first RAW Combat in Poco. My grandmother lives at the foot of Burnaby Mountain.

Moved to Surrey and trained with the Jaunceys for a while. I fought a few times in BC.
The only thing I remember about Jason Fairn was that he fought Guy Mezger in that early UFC and they two of them had that agreement not to pull each others hair.

I think Soares might have lived in North Van because I used to see his Gracie jiu jitsu car driving around the Lonsdale and 15th area all the time.

If you ever fought on the Squamish reserve near the bridge in North Van I was probably there. I know I attended a couple of shows there..