Society Universal Basic Income hng

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If course. But if your friend earned 250 000 then I think it's fair for them to pay more tax after earning his first 100k. And that rises each 100k he earns.

It makes for a more balanced society if the extra money he pays goes towards better infrastructure, schools, hospitals for everyone.

I would happily pay more tax if I was earning that much.

Tax should be simple.
I disagree. If tax is 22 percent it should be 22 percent. Why should one man pay more?

In France they did this but even more than 40%

So everyone just fucked off to Monaco. Lewis Hamilton did too. Imagine giving up half your earnings for fuck all

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
They should start taxing the looki looki men if they wanna get the economy working there

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
When a California city gave people a guaranteed income, they worked more — not less
The results from the first year of the experiment, which spanned from February 2019 to February 2020, are now in. And they’re extremely encouraging for its participants, and for advocates who see unconditional cash transfers as an effective way to help people escape poverty.

The most eye-popping finding is that the people who received the cash managed to secure full-time jobs at more than twice the rate of people in a control group, who did not receive cash. Within a year, the proportion of cash recipients who had full-time jobs jumped from 28 percent to 40 percent. The control group saw only a 5 percent jump over the same period.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
When a California city gave people a guaranteed income, they worked more — not less
The results from the first year of the experiment, which spanned from February 2019 to February 2020, are now in. And they’re extremely encouraging for its participants, and for advocates who see unconditional cash transfers as an effective way to help people escape poverty.

The most eye-popping finding is that the people who received the cash managed to secure full-time jobs at more than twice the rate of people in a control group, who did not receive cash. Within a year, the proportion of cash recipients who had full-time jobs jumped from 28 percent to 40 percent. The control group saw only a 5 percent jump over the same period.
lol stockton is a pretty crappy example it is like a slightly less dystopian version of Detroit. im guessing the jobs these people found were all minimum wage jobs they could have gotten anyway with out this financial help. I could probably go to stockton now apply at a restaurant and have a job by tomorrow.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
lol stockton is a pretty crappy example it is like a slightly less dystopian version of Detroit. im guessing the jobs these people found were all minimum wage jobs they could have gotten anyway with out this financial help. I could probably go to stockton now apply at a restaurant and have a job by tomorrow.
But they didn’t, yet they did after the basic income payments... why?

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Report results are about as reliable as poll data.

These aren't being done in a vacuum.
Have you read the report or looked into the authors of the study?

Or it’s just default to dismiss science and research that doesn’t fit the narrative?

What are you basing your skepticism off?Any reliable sources saying it’s bias... if we are just going to skip reading the report or discussing the authors of it?

Last edited:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Or it’s just default to dismiss science and research that doesn’t fit the narrative?
I haven't.

The only narrative I have is to automatically look at all "results" with skepticism. Anyone can manipulate results to get a desired result on either end of the spectrum.

I am on a conf call right now. Someone just mentioned dollars saved thanks to an initiative they recently rolled out. Significant dollars - but they completely ignored the additional labor expense to achieve those results. The truth is closer to a net zero gain.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

What are you basing your skepticism off?Any reliable sources saying it’s bias... if we are just going to skip reading the report or discussing the authors of it?
If Covid and the additional unemployment dollars have taught us anything it's that many people are quite content to sit on their asses and live off a handout.

There are very few companies here in the midwest that aren't struggling to find workers.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I haven't.

The only narrative I have is to automatically look at all "results" with skepticism. Anyone can manipulate results to get a desired result on either end of the spectrum.

I am on a conf call right now. Someone just mentioned dollars saved thanks to an initiative they recently rolled out. Significant dollars - but they completely ignored the additional labor expense to achieve those results. The truth is closer to a net zero gain.
Willful ignorance is not knowledge.

You’re shit talking something you admittedly know nothing about and have taken no steps to form an educated opinion on.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
There are very few companies here in the midwest that aren't struggling to find workers.
I will circle back to my original question... why did more participants find work post payments vs those not receiving payments?