Unofficial UFC Fight Camp Rankings: Nova Uniao reigns supreme

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Jason da Silva-USA TODAY Sports

Nova Uniao, Jackson-Winklejohn and AKA claim their spots as the best fight camps in MMA.

Within the past several years, fight camps have become a bigger focus in MMA. There are the feuds between camps like Nova Uniao and Team Alpha Male, a focus on injury prone camps like AKA and Roufusport, the creation of super-camps like the Blackzillians and Team Jackson-Winkeljohn and the meteoric rise of underdog camps like Kings MMA.

There has also been the creation of the UFC Fighter Rankings, a guide for more casual fans to understand where each fighter stands within their division. The rankings are very controversial and can change on a whim, but are a fairly good estimate as to where each fighter ranks among their peers.

So why not create an Unofficial UFC Fight Camp Ranking system to see where each fight camp stands in comparison to other camps? Well for one reason, there are 160 ranked fighters, and finding which fight camp each fighter represents is a tough task. Some fighters are constantly switching camps while others share time between two camps on two different continents. I gave it the old college try though, and here is what I ended up with

There are over 80 different fight camps represented by ranked UFC fighters, so now a system must be put into place to rank them. I have created a system to assign each ranking with a numerical value, although it can and will be disputed as to what rankings deserve what type of score.

I have created the Unofficial UFC Fight Camp Rankings on a system where a champion earns their fight camp a score of 25 points. A #1 contender is worth 15 points, a #2 contender is worth 10 points with a decrease in ranking equaling a decrease of 1 point until the ranking reaches #10. From there, rankings 11-15 are each worth 1 point.

Based on this very subjective system that can be changed if need be, here are the Unofficial UFC Fight Camp Rankings.

Unofficial UFC Fight Camp Rankings: Nova Uniao reigns supreme - Bloody Elbow