General Upcoming gigs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The Nude Party: Young group. Lots of members. I think they had 7 guys on stage. Keyboardist (kid had a flock-of-seaguls haircut), bongo/percussion guy, bass, 2 guitars, lap steel (guy looked like Weird Al), drummer. The standout is definitely the lead vocalist/guitarist. His name is Patton Magee and he has some chops and a great voice. I don't know if this band "hits it big", but you can definitely see star quality in Magee. Tons of talent.

Musically, they are a bluesy type of fun, retro rock. Reminded me a bit of the Rolling Stones at times. Some early Van Morrison sounds in there - like a "Gloria" type vocal, guitars and back beat. I see a little bit of Dylan in Magee as well, but his live act was definitely full throttled rock. I will add their first - and only - album to my playlist.

Dr Dog: 5 guys. 2 guitars, 1 bass, a keyboardist and drums. The main singer is the bassist, and he's very good. He's one of those guys that has two brains and can seamlessly play a difficult bass line and sing off-beat vocals at the same time. But the rhythm guitarist also sang lead on a bunch of songs, and the lead guitarist sang backup on just about every song. I was very impressed with their harmonies. These guys are tight (musically speaking you romos), and their live songs are definitely WAY more energized than their albums. Just a really fun group. They kept most of the songs at the standard length, but these guys could easily be a jam band if they wanted to. A lot of their songs have that "jam band" feel anyway, and musically they definitely have the chops to turn a 5 minute song into a 20 minute journey that you never get tired of.

The place was packed, and it was definitely a younger crowd. I was a mid-40s dude in a sea of 20-somethings. Great time though. Plenty of people knew every word to every song and were singing along throughout the night. I'd definitely see them again.

Dr Dog:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Dude is a machine.
He was asking people from the crowd what they wanted to hear. Did like 5 requests in a row.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Just booked tickets for Machine Head in their home town Oakland again. This time 25 year anniversary of Burn My Eyes.

Proper gooey about it.

Part I - will feature a battery of MACHINE HEAD’s modern classics, such as ‘Imperium,’ ‘Halo,’ and, ‘The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears,’ featuring frontman/guitarist Robb Flynn and bassist Jared MacEachern performing alongside two, soon-to-be-announced ragers on guitar and drums.

Part II - will feature the Bay Area band’s classic debut album, ‘Burn My Eyes’ played in its entirety for the first time ever. And if somehow this historical event could not be monumental enough, taking the stage for this part of the set will be ‘Burn My Eyes’-era alumni and MACHINE HEAD’s original drummer Chris Kontos and original guitarist, Logan Mader.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Got these this morning
Heading to Nashville for this one

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
If I'm still around I'm considering Bon Jovi in June. Not a fan anymore but 13 year old me was mad for them and I haven't seen them before.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Whose Line is it Anyway are doing a night in San Jose Feb 15th which I just bought tickets for.

Two of the original comedians, I'm well looking forward to it.