General Upcoming gigs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

Nice!

How is Ybor nowadays?

The last time I was there I thought I was going to die. Cars peeling out everywhere. Drug deals out in the open. Prostitutes basically fucking people in bars. It was anarchy. LOL. This was probably 15 or so years ago though.
15 years ago? Shiiiit same stuff happened to me 15 DAYS ago

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Going on Friday to see Trivium and Ozzy.

If I had to pick out of that extensive lineup over the three days, I'd be most excited about Clutch. I haven't listened to them in a while now, but I liked them a lot in high school and college. Saw them in like 98 or 99...can't remember....but it was an awesome show.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
If I had to pick out of that extensive lineup over the three days, I'd be most excited about Clutch. I haven't listened to them in a while now, but I liked them a lot in high school and college. Saw them in like 98 or 99...can't remember....but it was an awesome show.
I watched Metallica do Master of Puppets in its entirety with Mick from Clutch at Download a few years ago, he was a really good guy. He really didn't like Metallica.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Just got tickets to Umphrey's McGee.

They are these incredibly talented dudes who do some crazy mashups by combining different songs together.

Check it out:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG0RPLxZlJc

But they are more about the live shows, which are an absolute blast. It's basically a free for all. You never know what songs they are going to be playing / covering / mashing together...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tacJzIhAW_s

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUXtWVqNKGg&t=0m27s

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf-tEyKGOeg&list=PL2JOnRQ_cPFW8bygjxe7YeAO_J2LQ3Q-0&index=2

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zMFFj_G5Wg&t=0m30s

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So my review of Umphrey's...

Very talented musicians who take "jam band" to a whole new level. I think their 1st set was about an hour long and they only played 3 songs. Crowd was very into it - they have a huge following. And the dope smoking was like nothing I've ever seen. Let's just say they didn't need any dry ice for fog - there was a constant haze in the air from everyone blazing up.

From a non-smoking observer, it dragged on a bit. Very cool light show, but songs with fairly simple riffs and back beats going on for 20 minutes is a bit much for me.

Dude next to me: "This is my 47th show. I love these guys." Then he lit up. LOL.
Yeah, I guess you do, bro. 47 fucking times!

Glad I went and experience one of their shows, but I doubt I'd see them again.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
So my review of Umphrey's...

Very talented musicians who take "jam band" to a whole new level. I think their 1st set was about an hour long and they only played 3 songs. Crowd was very into it - they have a huge following. And the dope smoking was like nothing I've ever seen. Let's just say they didn't need any dry ice for fog - there was a constant haze in the air from everyone blazing up.

From a non-smoking observer, it dragged on a bit. Very cool light show, but songs with fairly simple riffs and back beats going on for 20 minutes is a bit much for me.

Dude next to me: "This is my 47th show. I love these guys." Then he lit up. LOL.
Yeah, I guess you do, bro. 47 fucking times!

Glad I went and experience one of their shows, but I doubt I'd see them again.
Holy shit that Thunderkiss Zombie Frankie mash up is awesome. Happy you had a good one.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
John Petrucci is an axe genius but i’m
So full
Of cold I managed to fall asleep during some of his set. Why couldn’t I have gone that during Phil Cullen before him?

Satch is up next.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm getting super drunk and hitting a Neil Diamond tribute band in a few weeks. Haha.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Updated. Didn’t make it to this. Wound up seeing Thrice in November, though.
Missed 36 Crazyfists in September because I wasn’t paying attention. :sob:
They hit up San Jose, I'll send you a couple of pics. They always hang out in the bars post gig, I've seen them so many times now.
I'm actually at the DMV tomorrow getting my 36CFIST plates sorted.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
M

member 603

Extreme at the end of the month in Anaheim, kinda excited, kinda more excited about the guitar expo though.

Are you working all of those? ^
Yeah, pyro, cryo, flames, confetti, streamers, lasers.... It'll be cool

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Extreme at House of Blues last Saturday. Not mental crazy about them but they were awesome.

Nuno is one of the most impressive guitarists I've ever seen live. And I've seen some great players.
That guy is absolutely flawless.

Also - I'd love to have that Marshall stack in my basement. LOL.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Nuno is one of the most impressive guitarists I've ever seen live. And I've seen some great players.

Nuno will always be the shit. It's like he has a 3rd arm when he plays.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

Talking of the Marshall stack. I Didn’t go in but someone from NAMM while I was in the environs that most of them are made out of cardboard and used for effect.,, broke my metal heart

M

member 603

Talking of the Marshall stack. I Didn’t go in but someone from NAMM while I was in the environs that most of them are made out of cardboard and used for effect.,, broke my metal heart
Very common practice.... I was on tour once, and saw a band roll out STACKS of empty Marshalls for look only, on the side of the stage, he was actually playing through a Vox AC30