Cinema Upcoming Netflix releases for sci-fi fans

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'm a fan of the Blade Runner movies, yes I loved the new one. Netflix has two upcoming releases in February that have a very Blade Runner vibe.

The first is a Netflix original movie called Mute from Duncan Jones. It stars Alexander Skarsgård, Seyneb Saleh, Paul Rudd and Justin Theroux.

The second is a Netflix series called Altered Carbon based on the novel of the same name by Richard K. Morgan. It stars Joel Kinnaman, Renée Elise Goldsberry and James Purefoy.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I guess Netflix didn't get the memo that a lot of people didn't like Blade Runner. Haha.
I'm very excited for both of these. It's nice to see Netflix producing a lot of quality content.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I'm a fan of the Blade Runner movies, yes I loved the new one. Netflix has two upcoming releases in February that have a very Blade Runner vibe.

The first is a Netflix original movie called Mute from Duncan Jones. It stars Alexander Skarsgård, Seyneb Saleh, Paul Rudd and Justin Theroux.

The second is a Netflix series called Altered Carbon based on the novel of the same name by Richard K. Morgan. It stars Joel Kinnaman, Renée Elise Goldsberry and James Purefoy.
Great post, both look really good, think I'm even more interested in Mute
Mute kind of gave me a blade runner mixed with fifth element vibe
And is that new NIN in the Altered Carbon trailer?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm definitely interested in Attending Carbon, bought the book but never finished it.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I guess Netflix didn't get the memo that a lot of people didn't like Blade Runner. Haha.
I'm very excited for both of these. It's nice to see Netflix producing a lot of quality content.
Fuck em if they didn't like them
The new blade runner wasn't bad at all, look to the ghost in the shell remake for bad

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Fuck em if they didn't like them
The new blade runner wasn't bad at all, look to the ghost in the shell remake for bad
I actually didn't mind the ghost in the shell either but I can admit it was bad. I have blinders for anything Scarlett Johansson is involved in.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How's the book? I would assume it wasn't too good seeing as you didn't finish it but you know what they say about assumptions.
How presumptuous of you to assume I know what they say about assumptions!

You are worse than Hitler

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
How's the book? I would assume it wasn't too good seeing as you didn't finish it but you know what they say about assumptions.
The book may be awesome. I didn't finish due to just not having time, I'd forget a bunch when I'd get reading again and it became a task to read.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
its entertaining. dense tho. im going through it a sescond time right now and it all makes a lot more sense (audiobook)

here's a cool takeaway video they just put out

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
its entertaining. dense tho. im going through it a sescond time right now and it all makes a lot more sense (audiobook)

here's a cool takeaway video they just put out
This
Is
Scary
as
Fuck
Seriously, if you believe that certain movies/shows are put out as part of conditioning/preparing the human mind, super fucking scary... depending on your beliefs ofcourse

Do we really want to be immortal in our current avatars/bodies?
Depending on your belief system again, some would argue that the real you is already immortal

Edit: Enock-O-Lypse Now! @Enock-O-Lypse Now! I know you don't believe in reincarnation so please ignore that part of my post but you need to watch the fucking video I quoted
This fits right into your wheelhouse man

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
All the Takeshi Kovacs books are very good (Broken Angels and Woken Furies being the other two).

Market Forces is also an entertaining read if you like the idea of corporate promotions being settled by small wars and death race style murders.