Society US military lied about Afghanistan for years; measures success based on death

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
I'm all right. Had a tough year but not that tough, I'm still standing, lol. A few more days of work and I'm gonna unplug for a while, recharge for the new year

hope you are well
you're a tough motherfucker. good to hear. I hear the need to unplug, now more than ever.

division is everywhere.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
When the "war on terror" started the U.S vice president was an oil baron and the defence secretary was a weapons salesman.

They were very successful, was was a great business to get into again, even armed the enemy first.

Jan 21, 2015
Ron is da man
God his first run for pres was fun to watch.
The MSM doing everything they could to downplay his popularity and airtime however was not :(

scary

watching him drop truth bombs in the debates was pure gold. No one in the MSM knew how to get it back in the bottle

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Fascinating article out today showing the US military has been lying about success in Afghanistan for years, that it's widely seen as unobtainable and basically the main way they count success is based on the number of Afghans they kill. Nothing terribly surprising, but grotesque nonetheless. Officials during the Bush, Obama, and now Trump administrations have basically held to the same story for well over a decade as they've continuously failed in most of their objectives and shifted them to new ones.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...apers/afghanistan-war-confidential-documents/
Fucking Joe Biden

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
The Taliban had offered to give up Bin Laden prior to 9/11.

We never did catch Mullah Omar

Has anyone ever won a war in Afghanistan?
China's going to find out in like a decade.

Near-term, I'm very interested to see what Chinese investment does with the Taliban's Sharia-esque ideology. I'm assuming similar to what oil money did with Saudi Wahabism. And then long-term, when the Taliban defaults on the Chinese and they come for Afghanistan's resources and cut the Taliban out– will China become the 3rd country caught in the Afghanistan quagmire.