General US Navy drone shot down by Iranian missile over Strait of Hormuz

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
The U.S. military shot down an Iranian drone threatening U.S. ships in the Strait of Hormuz.

The United States took action on Thursday amid escalating tensions with the Middle East country. President Trump announced the event at a press conference soon after it happened. Iran has not yet responded.

"[The USS Boxer] took defensive action against an Iranian drone," Trump said. "It was threatening the ship and the ship's crew. The drone was immediately destroyed."
"This is the latest in many provocative and hostile actions by Iran against vessels operating in international waters," Trump added. "The United States reserves the right to defend our personnel, our facilities, and interests and calls upon all nations to Iran's attempts to disrupt freedom of navigation and global commerce."

"At approximately 10 a.m. local time, the amphibious ship USS Boxer was in international waters conducting a planned inbound transit of the Strait of Hormuz. A fixed wing unmanned aerial system (UAS) approached Boxer and closed within a threatening range. The ship took defensive action against the UAS to ensure the safety of the ship and its crew," chief Pentagon spokesperson Jonathan Hoffman said in a statement.

Tensions between the U.S. and Iran have steadily risen since Trump pulled the U.S. out of the Iran nuclear agreement in May 2018, throwing sanctions back on Tehran and squeezing the country's economy. On Thursday, Iran announcedit had seized United Arab Emirates-based ship and was holding it and its crew captive. The U.S. has demanded Iran release the ship.

The ship's capture is the latest in a series of provocations by Tehran. It downed a U.S. drone over the strait on June 20, days after attacking Japanese oil tankers that were sailing through the strait.
They had it coming.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I wonder where they got a weapon that shoots down drones
persians are pretty smart brah probably the only smart arab country they have the capability to produce nukes only smart countries can do that shit.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
The wars of the future will be fought only by drones.
that is a dark thought because it will be some desensitized people operating them if their entire career is killing civilians from behind a screen. the stigma of doing it will probably vanish and become a norm and accepted if generations of people and huge numbers operate drones.

M

member 1013

that is a dark thought because it will be some desensitized people operating them if their entire career is killing civilians from behind a screen. the stigma of doing it will probably vanish and become a norm and accepted if generations of people and huge numbers operate drones.
Yea but I meant drone vs drone bruv

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Yea but I meant drone vs drone bruv
in that scenario a lot of civilians would still be killed it would become normalized like casualties or collateral damage drone warfare being expanded in the future would lead to a lot of deaths.

M

member 1013

in that scenario a lot of civilians would still be killed it would become normalized like casualties or collateral damage drone warfare being expanded in the future would lead to a lot of deaths.
Stop replying to my shit posts seriously Bruv!

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
persians are pretty smart brah probably the only smart arab country they have the capability to produce nukes only smart countries can do that shit.

The CIA payments are a hidden stream in a much broader financial flow; the U.S. has given Pakistan more than $15 billion over the last eight years in military and civilian aid.

CIA pays for support in Pakistan : It has spent millions funding the ISI spy agency, despite fears of corruption. But some say it is worth it.

M

member 3289

In many ways, I’m envious of Canuck the Crow. You could make the argument he has a better life than me
Yes but does Canuck the Crow understand that Moses is the One True God?