USADA says Jones tested clean the night he fought Gus

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by MovinOn, Jan 10, 2019.

1. CreativeClassMauler

CreativeClassMauler Dressed for Success

Ratings:
    +8,009
    I mostly agree with this. I am referring to the burden that it places on the athlete, not suggesting that there isn't plenty of wiggle room.

2. CreativeClassMauler

Ratings:
    +8,009
    The statement USADA put out was blatantly misleading bordering on outright lying.

What you're saying is that it isn't USADA's job to release a statement informing Jones' opponent of multiple failed tests but it is its job to release an ass covering, misleading statement when faced with one failed test becoming public that still omits to mention that it was in fact multiple tests?

That seems like an oddly convenient and fluid interpretation of what USADA's 'job' is.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. CreativeClassMauler

Ratings:
    +8,009
    I saw this post pop up later in the threa and wanted to point out that it's flat out incorrect to say Dim is without bias. He has a pro-USADA bias as strong as my anti-USADA bias.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Andrewsimar Palhardass

Andrewsimar Palhardass Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.

Ratings:
    +7,303
    As I said, I don't know their full guidelines, so I see my observations in this as in no way definitive.

On the surface, I would agree with you. This is what I am trying to figure out, though- the rules recently changed to where potential violations are no longer being made public until the process has played out. In this particular case, the card was being moved to another city and the UFC had to explain why, so even though the process hadn't played out, and Jon hadn't been convicted of new use, they had to release at least some of the information. This could be the reason that only one was released, as the rest were not acted upon because they weren't seen as violations.

I wish they would have been completely transparent regarding the other tests, and the timing of the policy change that made them not release results until the process has played out is at LEAST very convenient for Jon. I can't argue those, but I think the idea that this is a cover up with USADA in cahoots isn't fair given the current evidence.

Dana's a scumbag and the UFC didn't seem to act in good faith, but I don't think any of us know enough about USADA's side of things to assume that they were complicit in a cover up.

5. Andrewsimar Palhardass

Ratings:
    +7,303
    I disagree. As you know, having bias is completely different from having an opinion. Having bias causes you to overlook and write off facts and data which counter your preconceived opinions, which I don't think @Dim@Dim has done at all. The fact is, when it comes to a situation like this where litigation would be involved, having any bias whatsoever when walking in can compromise your entire thought process. It's useless at that point.

6. Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $

Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $ Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +9,883
    I didn't say stop. I said refusal to inform

If they aren't willing to protect and look out for clean fighters
    fighting dirty fighters then its a pointless organisation

Gus had every right to know he was A being lied to
    and B Jon had failed multiple tests

The only one USADA protected here was the dirty fighter

Thats a broken system

7. Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $

Ratings:
    +9,883

Exactly. They had no problem whatsoever coming out to cover the dirty fighters ass
    but all of a sudden when they need to help the clean fighter they have no responsibility?

Then whats the fucking point of their existence if not to protect clean fighters?

8. CreativeClassMauler

Ratings:
    +8,009
    But you are acting as if this occurred in isolation and not as part of a pattern of behavior where USADA has been involved in several controversial decisions surrounding 2 of the UFC's 3 biggest PPV draws.

A computer glitch that happens only to Brock Lesnar? That's pretty fucking coincidental. And the totality of circumstances surrounding both Jones failed circumstances? All very convenient.

We aren't litigating here, and every individual instance does have a plausible explanation. So all we can offer is an opinion, and the opinion that the circumstances DON'T point to preferential treatment for certain stars by USADA is frankly far fetched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Boatman

The Boatman <------=<
    First 100

Ratings:
    +38,724
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. CreativeClassMauler

Ratings:
    +8,009
    This. USADA's mission statement is to 'protect the rights of athletes'. Obviously they failed Gus in this regard, regardless of whether or not they failed him to the extent that they are legally at fault.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Haulport

Haulport Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
    First 100

Ratings:
    +3,852
    As far as I am concerned, if u are stupid enough to put your entire career in jeopardy by taking dick pills or some designer steriod or cocktail or tainted supplement that is going to PERMANENTLY fuck you up (in a very conveniet way btw) so that you aretesting positive nearly TWO YEARS after u stop taking it then fuck you. You deserve what you get because u r a jackass moron.

: )

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Boatman

The Boatman <------=<
    First 100

Ratings:
    +38,724
    u guys are gonna sleep so well tonight

13. Haulport

First 100

Ratings:
    +3,852
    You don't seem to understand the much more loose nature of CIVIL lawsuits. Proof as u think of it is not really needed and there is no "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard.

If you can convince a jury with an expert who tells them that it COULD be a sign of microdosing or cocktail then they could side for you.

14. Haulport

First 100

Ratings:
    +3,852
    Que?

15. Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $

Ratings:
    +9,883
    Pasa

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Andrewsimar Palhardass

Ratings:
    +7,303
    This is a good point. I would contest that they need more of a "most likely" than a "could" but I do need to consider this.

• Winner Winner x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted