Usmans #1 weakness..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
He does not move his head off the center line..He often leaves his chin up in the dead space and if woodley touches him like maia did, he is done...He needs to get his head movement better and use feints more with his takedowns to open up his opponents.. He isn't a tenth as good as he can be on his feet..I hope he incorporates more going forward or he will be asking everybody what happened..You are always faster when throwing punches in rhythm and movement.. he's gotta sure this up asap.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Btw I believe usman is a world title caliber guy..I always root for wrestlers as well..I would nust hate to see him get beat over this fixable deficiency..He has the wrestling and athleticism to match twood.. just want the best version possible of Usman.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Head movement is footwork, and he still uses his wrestling footwork to change distance. Biggest challenge is probably the time it takes to condition the reflexes.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
You just need to see him at a higher percentage with no broken hands.

While I don't disagree with your assessment, I do disagree on saying they are his "#1 weakness." His #1 weakness is his lack of self awareness. That will hold his career back far more than any fighting attribute.
See- Tyron Woodley: champ, but still can't get promotion or respect. Can't see how he is perceived by the public.
See- James Vick: top 10 talent, but not understanding that a link to Irving is a career anchor. Can't see how he is perceived by the public.
Usman: An obvious talent and threat, but his attitude and post fight interviews beg people to dismiss and/or hate him. Can't se how he is perceived by the public.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

While I don't disagree with your assessment, I do disagree on saying they are his "#1 weakness." His #1 weakness is his lack of self awareness. That will hold his career back far more than any fighting attribute.
See- Tyron Woodley: champ, but still can't get promotion or respect. Can't see how he is perceived by the public.
See- James Vick: top 10 talent, but not understanding that a link to Irving is a career anchor. Can't see how he is perceived by the public.
Usman: An obvious talent and threat, but his attitude and post fight interviews beg people to dismiss and/or hate him. Can't se how he is perceived by the public.
He's too high on himself... that can stunt his growth as a fighter

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016

This is the first time in a long time I've seen Vick's connection to Lloyd Irvin mentioned, I don't think it's anywhere near as big an issue as Tyron faces

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I think it was the opponent more than anything else.

a) southpaw
b) unorthodox
c) opponents concentrating so much on his takedown/ground game
d) opponents having no respect for his stand up/power because he can't bust a grape.

He landed some good clean shots on Tyron, and he touched up Colby Covington a fair bit.

To be fair to Usman I think he's going to be a lot more careful when he fights a guy who can take your head off with one punch like Tyron.

distant1

Feb 13, 2017
he is an athletic striker, not a particularly seasoned or nuanced one; his lack of defense hinders his aggression, and hurts his ability to get takedowns against higher caliber guys in my opinion

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I say it's his ability to put on an entertaining fight. I get annoyed at guys who claim everyone is scared of them but come fight night it's a gentleman's sparring match with no effort to finish.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I say it's his ability to put on an entertaining fight. I get annoyed at guys who claim everyone is scared of them but come fight night it's a gentleman's sparring match with no effort to finish.
occasionally he goes for it but only when his opponent is reckless

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
could be another snorefest with Till vs Thompson, though I don't think Wonderboy is going to take him down as Darren predicts.
I think Thompson is gonna remind us why he got a title shot. He has way more options from outside and IMO is faster and more accurate. Till does best inside using hooks and his size to control guys in the clinch. It's going to be Till pushing forward to close the distance and Wonderboy using his speed and footwork to get him chasing and catch him sleeping or over commiting.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
This is the first time in a long time I've seen Vick's connection to Lloyd Irvin mentioned, I don't think it's anywhere near as big an issue as Tyron faces
That's because no one ever mentions Vick unless he's fighting and then there's a bunch of Fuck TLI and limp comments.