Valentina Shevchenko's flyweight debut set for UFC Fight Night 125

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Women’s Flyweight is going to be a great division.

Montano got some killers heading her way. Not sure how to put into words respectfully that she is most likely going to get murdered. Nothing against Modafferi, but if her awkward striking was landing on Nicco, shit man, gonna be a bad night if Schevchenko gets to her.

Antonio Bruno

Aug 3, 2017
I watched Priscila Cachoeira's fights (what I could of them) since I first heard rumor of this scrap. She does not appear to have much in the way of technique, as hers is fairly sloppy (she wings in a lot of hooks and overhands, with the occasional straight). She is actually looking down on quite a few of her overhand rights as they wiff by her opponent. Against a sniper like Shevcheno, well, it does not look good for her.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Women’s Flyweight is going to be a great division.

Montano got some killers heading her way. Not sure how to put into words respectfully that she is most likely going to get murdered. Nothing against Modafferi, but if her awkward striking was landing on Nicco, shit man, gonna be a bad night if Schevchenko gets to her.
Oh there's no doubt her reign will be short lived. Valentina will rule that division.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I watched Priscila Cachoeira's fights (what I could of them) since I first heard rumor of this scrap. She does not appear to have much in the way of technique, as hers is fairly sloppy (she wings in a lot of hooks and overhands, with the occasional straight). She is actually looking down on quite a few of her overhand rights as they wiff by her opponent. Against a sniper like Shevcheno, well, it does not look good for her.
I dont think match up with Valentina will be good for anyone at 125.

Antonio Bruno

Aug 3, 2017
I dont think match up with Valentina will be good for anyone at 125.
Ah,depends. Eubanks, assuming she can make weight, is not only bigger and stronger than Val, but easily one of the best female grapplers. Should she get Val down, I do not think it would go too well for her. Similar to the first fight with Nunes, where she would be giving up about 15-20 lbs. on fight night. She does not have much of a record in MMA, but her grappling credentials are up there with any woman on the roster, and better than 99% of them. I will still favor Val, but I think, when they finally meet, that Eubanks is her worst possible match-up.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Ah,depends. Eubanks, assuming she can make weight, is not only bigger and stronger than Val, but easily one of the best female grapplers. Should she get Val down, I do not think it would go too well for her. Similar to the first fight with Nunes, where she would be giving up about 15-20 lbs. on fight night. She does not have much of a record in MMA, but her grappling credentials are up there with any woman on the roster, and better than 99% of them. I will still favor Val, but I think, when they finally meet, that Eubanks is her worst possible match-up.
Personally I wouldn't allow her to fight at 125 after nearly missing weight 3times in a row and having to pull out of the 3rd one the day before the fight

She is strong as fuck and nothing you said is wrong though

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
She will run shit here...That might be the ugliest picture ever of her though in the OP

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I don't know eubanks, but val subbed that TUF winner, who has a pretty strong ground game at 135

Leto1776

Aug 25, 2017
I find that people saying Shevchenko will rule at 125 were also saying there was no way she'd lose to Nunes in a five round fight. Just saying.

Antonio Bruno

Aug 3, 2017
I find that people saying Shevchenko will rule at 125 were also saying there was no way she'd lose to Nunes in a five round fight. Just saying.
I think she will rule at 125. I had no trouble saying it would be tough for her to beat Nunes, particularly given the size difference.