General Vegan steak

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
Vegans are a tiny portion of the population

and a good percentage of that low population lies or cheats and eats meat on occasion and many of them end up going back to eating meat
Just even a reduction is still beneficial to keep the meat supply relatively healthy. The animals we are selecting to intensively farm have genetic predispositions that make farming them difficult. If demand increases we have to find animals that outperform to produce more mass in a shorter amount of time. It's already very problematic.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Just even a reduction is still beneficial to keep the meat supply relatively healthy. The animals we are selecting to intensively farm have genetic predispositions that make farming them difficult. If demand increases we have to find animals that outperform to produce more mass in a shorter amount of time. It's already very problematic.
I know

lets hug it out

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
As a side note, I do enjoy a good veggie burger, when it’s nice and crispy. Chickpea burgers are probably my favorite.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Its Ok I just loved all over this whole threads face

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
As a side note, I do enjoy a good veggie burger, when it’s nice and crispy. Chickpea burgers are probably my favorite.
I've just looked at the menu of a place I used to go to in Virginia. I'm a real carnivore but I always ordered their vege burger it was so good.

"brown rice, rainbow quinoa, black beans, beets & chipotle mayo served open faced on grilled ice box bread w. tomato, havarti, guacamole & fries"

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I've just looked at the menu of a place I used to go to in Virginia. I'm a real carnivore but I always ordered their vege burger it was so good.

"brown rice, rainbow quinoa, black beans, beets & chipotle mayo served open faced on grilled ice box bread w. tomato, havarti, guacamole & fries"
Where is this?

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Being vegan isn't just what you eat, it's a way of life.... Meaning that you don't use any animal products in your life (no leather shoes/belts/etc, shit like that). Having a plant based protein diet is extremely beneficial for numerous reasons, however people don't have to be dicks about it. It could be by personal choice, or medically based why people stop eating meat... I have found that if it's med based (some sort of GI issue, or weight related, or whatever) people still want to enjoy the taste of meat, or a meat style option, hence why there are so many meat flavored vegetarian/vegan choices.

There are great plant based protein companies out there with delicious meat substitutes... Beyond Meat is my favorite by far (their 'Beyond Burger' is sold nationwide at TGIFridays, try it sometime), they have a wide range of awesome products. It use to be a lot harder 8-10 years back.... Hell 5 years back, to eat healthy as a vegetarian... It was pretty much shitty veggie or black bean patties everywhere... Now it's way easier.

Again, the health benefits of eating a plant based diet are well documented, and a lot of pro athletes and trainers are now embracing this dietary lifestyle.... Not saying that you have to throw out your leather shoes, grow dreadlocks, and head to Bonnaroo, but I suggest to try out a few of these options, you may be surprised.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Being vegan isn't just what you eat, it's a way of life.... Meaning that you don't use any animal products in your life (no leather shoes/belts/etc, shit like that). Having a plant based protein diet is extremely beneficial for numerous reasons, however people don't have to be dicks about it. It could be by personal choice, or medically based why people stop eating meat... I have found that if it's med based (some sort of GI issue, or weight related, or whatever) people still want to enjoy the taste of meat, or a meat style option, hence why there are so many meat flavored vegetarian/vegan choices.

There are great plant based protein companies out there with delicious meat substitutes... Beyond Meat is my favorite by far (their 'Beyond Burger' is sold nationwide at TGIFridays, try it sometime), they have a wide range of awesome products. It use to be a lot harder 8-10 years back.... Hell 5 years back, to eat healthy as a vegetarian... It was pretty much shitty veggie or black bean patties everywhere... Now it's way easier.

Again, the health benefits of eating a plant based diet are well documented, and a lot of pro athletes and trainers are now embracing this dietary lifestyle.... Not saying that you have to throw out your leather shoes, grow dreadlocks, and head to Bonnaroo, but I suggest to try out a few of these options, you may be surprised.
Are you vegetarian?

My town has some unreal non meat restaurants and options...I like the meat but I really enjoy some non meat dishes

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Gives me a rainbow on saying veggie burgers are good, but then asks where the one someone is talking about is...

:rolleyes2:
I always like to hear about good restaurants in my area. If they can make that fruity shit taste good then real food will be solid