Velasquez on loss to Ngannou: ‘I beat myself’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

After three years in the sidelines, former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez was due for his much-awaited return. That all ended unfortunately for him, however, with a 26-second knockout defeat to Francis N’Gannou in the main event of the UFC’s event in Phoenix on Sunday.

But for the fighter touted as one of the greatest heavyweights of all time, the loss was heavily caused by his knee left knee buckling during the fight, more than N’Gannou’s heavy punches.

“I just can’t believe that happened,” Velasquez told reporters in his post-fight media scrum. “Having a great camp coming in. Everything I said before, like how strong I felt,…

Cain Velasquez on loss to Francis N’Gannou: ‘I beat myself’

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
his in-ring was honest
rest is to make it seem like he didn't get blasted out by a short power shot

Nov 21, 2015

After three years in the sidelines, former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez was due for his much-awaited return. That all ended unfortunately for him, however, with a 26-second knockout defeat to Francis N’Gannou in the main event of the UFC’s event in Phoenix on Sunday.

But for the fighter touted as one of the greatest heavyweights of all time, the loss was heavily caused by his knee left knee buckling during the fight, more than N’Gannou’s heavy punches.

“I just can’t believe that happened,” Velasquez told reporters in his post-fight media scrum. “Having a great camp coming in. Everything I said before, like how strong I felt,…

Cain Velasquez on loss to Francis N’Gannou: ‘I beat myself’
I beat myself...

With Ngannou's fist

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Will he ever get the picture that his knees maybe arent up for this? That camp... more knee injuries than,... well.... me