Victoria Lee is MMA's new kid on the block

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/z1Pdw4U1718

In any sport, it's extremely rare to go directly from high school to a professional level. Well, in the case of 16-year old Victoria Lee, she's joining the ranks of MMA's elite while in the midst of finishing up her academics.

A junior at Mililani High School in Mililani, Hawaii, Lee fully intends to graduate despite preparing for her rapidly approaching MMA debut in ONE Championship. For a variety of reasons, Lee believes there's a lot of excitement within the community to see what she's truly capable of.

"It's crazy, I feel like I'm so lucky that I'm able to start my career this early," Lee told MyMMANews. "I think it really helps with the online schooling. I get to be in the gym for extra time.

"I do feel like we do get more training in during this quarantine period. Because from 8:00 to 10:00 in the morning, I get to train whereas I would still be in school at 2:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon getting to train just starting my first session if I was still [physically] in school."

Continued: Victoria Lee is MMA's new kid on the block

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
She comes from a talented family but I think that 16 is too young to start mma. I would very much like to see her sister and brother fight in the UFC so we can see how they do against their fighters.

Thanks for posting the interviews Drake @Drake, I always enjoy them.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
She comes from a talented family but I think that 16 is too young to start mma. I would very much like to see her sister and brother fight in the UFC so we can see how they do against their fighters.

Thanks so much! I greatly appreciate the support.

And I agree, it would be interesting to see how the elder Lees would do in the UFC. As for Victoria... I guess we'll soon find out if it's too young or not! Worked out for her siblings...! :sweatsmile:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Rory mac, bj penn, joe daddy, masvidal all started young. I tend to somewhat agree tho because when they were starting out they were ahead of the curve because all they really knew was mma. Whereas folks already competing had transitioned to it from other stuff when it became apparent it was effective.

Nowadays lots of people have only trained mma, so the advantage in that regard has been lost.