Video-Anderson Silva finds out he failed his test

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

What to make of this? Is UFC BRILLIANT for marketing this? Or are they completely hypocrites by suspending him, kicking him off the show, but exploiting the situation?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
They're obviously exploiting it. Hypocrites? I don't know about that. They went to great lengths to keep him on the show, but were basically forced to remove him.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I didn't even know this was on yet. What channel/day/time or is it on fighter pass? When does the blackzillian one start?

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I may be completely wrong.. but I was under the assumption that they had already started filming this after they failed his test.

Then, they told him he couldn't coach because NSAC wouldn't license him as a corner man... after they already put him on (despite failing), and this was when he found out he could no longer coach the show

I could be off on my timeline of this. But I'm 99.9% sure he knew he failed and that this started filming well after that. The only reason they pulled him from the show is because NSAC won't license him to corner the fighters. I know that part is true.. and I'm almost positive that he knew before this video

Meaning they are actually using this as a marketing ploy to get sympathy or god knows what else.. IMO, that is pretty bad, since they already were gonna let him coach the show after he failed until the NSAC specifically told him no.

Can't believe the UFC would try to twist it around and set up this acting like this is the first time Anderson found out he failed. It was a bad enough look that they didn't pull him from the show immediately.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Just to clarify

NAC pulls Anderson Silva from 'TUF Brazil 4' and replaces him with Minotauro Nogueira - Bloody Elbow

They pulled Anderson on Feb 9th. It was public knowledge that he failed the test on Feb 3rd.
So if they are really trying to portray it like they didn't know this happened and Anderson was pulled immediately after they found out.. It's simply not true

That's a really bad look. Like, wow. The fact they already started filming and said they'd keep him on the show after failing was bad. The NSAC had to step in to get him pulled. Now they're actually twisting and editing things to make it appear like he didn't find out until AFTER... Purely to gain sympathy I'm assuming

This whole thing is just sad. I was such a huge Anderson fan, and in the last 18 months, he has turned his career into a joke. All by his own doing, sadly. The Weidman taunting/clowning coming back to haunt him, the failed tests, the lying about what he did & why ("it was because of my leg, guys").. Just crazy. I never thought he'd end up like this. He's still a great fighter, but wow. He sure has made himself look like a shitty person since July 2013.. and the UFC putting this out is not doing him any favors.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Interesting, it states

"As for TUF Brazil 4, filming of the reality show began on February 2nd, and will proceed taping under the theme of "Team Shogun vs. Team Nogueira".

So, even if it did film 1 day before Anderson's test was public knowledge.. they still let him stay on the show for 6 days after, and only pulled him when the NSAC demanded they do so.

And now they are putting out videos of Anderson being all sad to try to generate a comeback story vibe, as if he found out about all this when he was in the middle of the TUF gym training people.

Sorry for 3-4 posts. Just found that to be fascinating, sad and bizarre. Such a great fighter, and look at what has happened to his career.

"Nooo, I did not take anything" he says in the video. Like that's the first time he ever had that conversation with his coaches. Fucking unbelievable. It'll be very interesting to see how they paint the whole thing on the show. It's obvious they're going to portray it as if Anderson is a victim

This one really bugs me. Just wow. If that was any other UFC fighter, does anyone think the company would continually go out of their way to put out press releases of support, and even go as far as to edit and make a reality show episode about his claims of being innocent, like it's all a big mistake? Despite failing 2 tests? Despite 3 others in his camp popping for the exact same drug?

Yet they show him here saying "No, I did not take anything". Now all the naive people who see this are going to believe him. It's a way to try to save face. That's rage inducing and an insult to my intelligence, and all of you as well. If he just came clean from the beginning, a lot of this would not be happening.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It was public knowledge.. they still let him stay on the show for 6 days after, and only pulled him when the NSAC demanded they do so.
That's what I referenced in my post above. They wanted to keep him on the show, until their legal team or the NSAC forced their hand.

P

Punch

"Oh how the mighty have fallen."

I dislike PED users. I liked Silva. I like him a lot less now. I has a sad. :(

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I just want to say to Γαλάνης @Galanis I really appreciate his research and breakdown of the timeline of events. Looks accurate to me, so that leads me to believe my original thoughts which is UFC is just exploiting the issue where they(UFC) are also trying to come off like, "we don't approve of this".
If you don't approve, don't exploit the situation.