Videos Show Cops Pepper Spray and Tase Man as Jaywalking Incident Escalates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
A New York man is claiming that Schenectady officers used a stun gun and pepper spray on him after he jaywalked last week and refused to submit to a body search, in an incident that was partially captured in two separate cell phone videos.

Shaquille Parker, 22, alleged that the June 3 incident began when he crossed a road in front of a bus while traffic had the green light, theDaily Gazette reported. Parker claimed the driver was stopped and had motioned him to cross, but when he got to the other side, an officer stopped him and asked for identification.

Parker said he gave his ID but refused to submit to a search when the cop asked. Parker later told the Gazette, where he works as a mailroom sorter, that he had marijuana on him, but that the officer did not know that at the time the he stopped him. Officers were reportedly in the neighborhood on June 3 to respond to "nuisance activities."

The cop then reportedly told Parker to put his hands up against a wall. Parker refused, and started walking away. Witness's footage of the incident begins with the officer following Parker down the residential street. At one point, the cop lifts his hand to Parker's face, which is when he alleges he was pepper sprayed. In the same 2 ½ minute clip, two other officers can then be seen running up to the pair, before one fires his stun gun, bringing Parker to the ground, where he is then cuffed by officers. Parker says he was sprayed again after the backup officers arrived at the scene.

"It was definitely excessive, excessive, because, I mean, all I wanted to do was go home," Parker told the Gazette.

The other footage shows a closer view of the incident, showing Parker raise his hands to his eyes and visibly in pain before and while he is being tasered.

Parker was arrested and charged with felony second-degree assault, misdemeanor resisting arrest, violation-level disorderly conduct, and marijuana possession. He was released from jail on June 9 on his own recognizance. One of the officers allegedly received minor injuries during the skirmish.

Melanie Trimble, executive director of the local chapter of the New York Civil Liberties Union, called on the police department to conduct a full investigation into the incident and to "come clean to the public what the policies and procedures of the Police Department actually are."

Trimble said jaywalking does not provide probable cause to warrant a search, if that indeed was the reason Parker was stopped.

Police said they have not yet received a formal complaint about the arrest, but the department's chief told the Gazette,"we'll look at everything."

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
So he committed a crime, albeit a dumb one, and then refused to comply with LEO who caught him in the act? Nothing to see here.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Ok now let's swap the California citizens with the Canadian citizens. Obviously the Canadian shootings wouldn't go up a bit right? If it is the policing and not the people being policed that are the problem.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
A New York man is claiming that Schenectady officers used a stun gun and pepper spray on him after he jaywalked last week and refused to submit to a body search, in an incident that was partially captured in two separate cell phone videos.

Shaquille Parker, 22, alleged that the June 3 incident began when he crossed a road in front of a bus while traffic had the green light, theDaily Gazette reported. Parker claimed the driver was stopped and had motioned him to cross, but when he got to the other side, an officer stopped him and asked for identification.

Parker said he gave his ID but refused to submit to a search when the cop asked. Parker later told the Gazette, where he works as a mailroom sorter, that he had marijuana on him, but that the officer did not know that at the time the he stopped him. Officers were reportedly in the neighborhood on June 3 to respond to "nuisance activities."

The cop then reportedly told Parker to put his hands up against a wall. Parker refused, and started walking away. Witness's footage of the incident begins with the officer following Parker down the residential street. At one point, the cop lifts his hand to Parker's face, which is when he alleges he was pepper sprayed. In the same 2 ½ minute clip, two other officers can then be seen running up to the pair, before one fires his stun gun, bringing Parker to the ground, where he is then cuffed by officers. Parker says he was sprayed again after the backup officers arrived at the scene.

"It was definitely excessive, excessive, because, I mean, all I wanted to do was go home," Parker told the Gazette.

The other footage shows a closer view of the incident, showing Parker raise his hands to his eyes and visibly in pain before and while he is being tasered.

Parker was arrested and charged with felony second-degree assault, misdemeanor resisting arrest, violation-level disorderly conduct, and marijuana possession. He was released from jail on June 9 on his own recognizance. One of the officers allegedly received minor injuries during the skirmish.

Melanie Trimble, executive director of the local chapter of the New York Civil Liberties Union, called on the police department to conduct a full investigation into the incident and to "come clean to the public what the policies and procedures of the Police Department actually are."

Trimble said jaywalking does not provide probable cause to warrant a search, if that indeed was the reason Parker was stopped.

Police said they have not yet received a formal complaint about the arrest, but the department's chief told the Gazette,"we'll look at everything."
Yea bro, dude shouldn't have fucking been Jay walking and should have just allowed the police to search him for jobs fucking reason. Cops are clearly in the right.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ok now let's swap the California citizens with the Canadian citizens. Obviously the Canadian shootings wouldn't go up a bit right? If it is the policing and not the people being policed that are the problem.
the problem is both.the cops are out of control and the people have no respect.its not as simple as its the cops fault vs citizens fault. its way smarter to comply than escalate the situation but at the same time cops dont need to go right to beast mode.they need to not escalate the situation as well

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
the problem is both.the cops are out of control and the people have no respect.its not as simple as its the cops fault vs citizens fault. its way smarter to comply than escalate the situation but at the same time cops dont need to go right to beast mode.they need to not escalate the situation as well
Listen I'm not a cop apologist but I suspect your opinion would be different if you lived in a city with a population makeup of LA or Oakland. I think you might see it more like me at 10% the cops and 90% the criminals.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Listen I'm not a cop apologist but I suspect your opinion would be different if you lived in a city with a population makeup of LA or Oakland. I think you might see it more like me at 10% the cops and 90% the criminals.
the cops still need to follow the rule and respect peoples rights

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
the cops still need to follow the rule and respect peoples rights
I agree but would you say they make more mistakes than say Doctors. 98,000 people die every year in hospitals from preventable medical errors. Since that is 100x the amount that are killed by cops should I consider them out of control. I've never known anyone living in Southern California for 36 years that ever had an issue with a cop. However I believe I watched two nurses kill my Dad. I guess I should have looted.

I don't mean to change the topic I just think it's wrong an entire profession gets thrashed for the acts of a microscopic percentage of them.

P

Punch

Dude, if you're carrying illegally, you better be smart about it. Squeaky clean motherfucker.