Vince turns down Jericho's idea for NJPW IC champ (him) vs WWE IC champ (Rollins)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
F'n Vince can't see anything without WWE goggles

Chris Jericho recently revealed that he had pitched an idea that would have pitted him, the IWGP Intercontinental champion, against the WWE Intercontinental champion at the time, Seth Rollins.

Jericho mentioned in the latest episode of Talk is Jericho that he recently pitched the idea to “a certain head of a certain wrestling company”.

“I’ve got something for you,” he recalled when pitching the idea. “Boffo box office. I said what do you think about Intercontinental champion vs. Intercontinental champion: Jericho vs. Rollins?”

Jericho continued, saying that the match would wind up ending in a disqualification, with Rollins’ next challenger coming in and attacking. He also would have had time to come in and set up the angle on the Raw go-home show. He later went on to say that while it got a decent response, he never heard back from the company. Rollins is also no longer the Intercontinental champion, as he lost the title to Dolph Ziggler back on June 18.

Chris Jericho has been IWGP Intercontinental champion since June 9, when he defeated Tetsuya Naito at Dominion. He hasn’t appeared on New Japan programing since, though in his last appearance seemed to set up an angle between him and EVIL.