Violence against migrants in Germany spikes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
BERLIN - Violence against Syrian asylum seekers spiked over the weekend with police Sunday reporting three different attacks in which six Syrian refugees had to be treated for injuries in the hospital, one week after a German man was arrested for murdering two migrant kids under the age of six.

Two of the attacks, in Wismar and Magdeburg, were committed by groups of more than 20 persons who harassed and beat asylum seekers with baseball bats on Saturday.

Police in nearby Rostock said in a statement Sunday two Syrian men, who were not identified, were standing outside their shelter in Wismar on the Baltic Sea on Saturday night when a group of 20 persons approached them and started beating the refugees. The attackers fled and the two asylum seekers had to be taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries.

In Magdeburg, 30 persons beat up two 26-year-olds and one 35-year-old Syrian man, who also had to be treated in the hospital. Police detained one 24-year-old suspect.

In a third attack, a 26-year-old Syrian man was injured by pieces of glass when explosives were thrown against the window of his room in an asylum shelter in Freital in the eastern state of Saxony. The interior minister of Saxony, Markus Ulbig, sharply condemned the "cowardly and cold-blooded attack" and said a far-right motive was likely, the German news agency dpa reported.

In Sehnde near Hannover, a 43-year-old man was detained for allegedly committing an arson attack on a home of an asylum seeker family from Montenegro early Sunday. Nobody was harmed in the attack.

Several arson attacks were also reported on designated future asylum shelters across Germany, among them an empty hotel in Dresden and a former youth club in Castrop-Rauxel in western Germany.

Attacks against asylum-seekers and migrant shelters have increased sharply in Germany in recent months as refugees surge into Europe seeking to escape war and poverty and start a new life.

Last week, a German man was arrested for kidnapping and slaying a 4-year-old and a 6-year-old migrant. The suspect, whose last name wasn't released in line with German privacy laws, told authorities he had killed the 4-year-old a day after abducting him from the capital's central registration center for migrants, the Berlin prosecutor said.

Germany's interior ministry said last week that there had been 576 crimes against refugee shelters this year so far, compared to 198 in all of the last year.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
In Magdeburg, 30 persons beat up two 26-year-olds and one 35-year-old Syrian man, who also had to be treated in the hospital. Police detained one 24-year-old suspect.
1 out of 30...

Oh, and fuck that guy who was killing kids.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
i have a feeling that not many will look good, once all is said and done. the u.s. always looks worst, so at least germany has that going for them.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
So statistically the native German people are more violent than the asylum seekers from a third world Muslim shit hole. So importing more refugees would reduce the percentage of violent criminals in the country.

Interesting.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
So statistically the native German people are more violent than the asylum seekers from a third world Muslim shit hole. So importing more refugees would reduce the percentage of violent criminals in the country.

Interesting.
The numbers don't lie...

Before interpreting statistics, one must first scrutinize the methodology and consistency of the numbers gathered.

That being said, European leaders had decried the experiment of multiculturalism as failure before good intentions took the helm in the advent of the storm.

There's got to be a better solution to the situation than what governments are currently and officially entertaining.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I do not in any way agree with what the German people are doing but does this really surprise anyone? This is a shit storm that everyone saw coming and now they have to deal with it. The refugees are suing Germany because they're not getting their welfare benefits fast enough with has thrown fuel on the fire.

This is gonna get waaaaay worse

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I do not in any way agree with what the German people are doing but does this really surprise anyone? This is a shit storm that everyone saw coming and now they have to deal with it. The refugees are suing Germany because they're not getting their welfare benefits fast enough with has thrown fuel on the fire.

This is gonna get waaaaay worse
I think most people predicted that the refugees would be the ones committing crimes.

I think most people predicted that the refugees would be the ones committing crimes.
I've read reports of some refugees committing crimes in Germany but they are simply reports, like this one. I have confirmed neither but if I take these at face value then I should with those as well.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
how the hell can you sue a country you are not a citizen of over welfare you never contributed to?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I've read reports of some refugees committing crimes in Germany but they are simply reports, like this one. I have confirmed neither but if I take these at face value then I should with those as well.
Did any of those reports including kidnapping and murdering young children?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
when canada gets boatloads of refugees from india and china we throw them in jail until their paperwork is straightened out.we opened up an old detention center in prince george and held them for about 2 years.some gave up and went home(not real refugees) and others made their way into the community.no need for welfare .no risk to or from the public.to just let undocumented people in to the country is asking for trouble

Hired Gun

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I agree Jas, you cannot have a country invaded by this many people and not know who the frick they are

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
they need to be properly quarantined too.its just asking for trouble bringing unvaccinated people into the country.no one wants polio and smallpox to come back.im all for giving people a second chance at a better life in a safe country but not without doing it properly and protecting the host nations best interests.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I hate refugee crises because they always bring about horrible solutions and social situations. The situation with the Tunisians and Libyans in southern Italy was an example of this and there's a great documentary on it called The Invasion of Lampedusa which is worth watching:
View: https://vimeo.com/37444478

I think conflict is inevitable in these circumstances and it really brings up a lot of questions about national sovereignty and humanitarianism. In my view, Russia and the US should be taking in a lot more Syrians since both countries have engaged in the greatest amount of brinkmanship over the situation on the ground in Syria.

Here's a look at who's taking who and how many. Syrian refugees: Which countries welcome them - CNN.com

Turkey is in trouble.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
As part of the EU, we have open borders with Germany. Seems like we'd be better off letting Syrian refugees in than Germans

Hired Gun

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The vaccinations, or lack there of, is a good point that I hadn't considered and as a medic(former) I can't believe I hadn't thought of it

M

member 1013

Seriously though, if the majority of Germans are against her policies has she not lost moral authority to govern in a democracy?