Viperz Venom #19 Fight Night 91 Breakdown & Predictions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
Hello fight fans and welcome back for your next dose of Viperz Venom. As always I'll be breaking down and predicting the card but I feel like personal opinion outweighs the statistics I usually spew for you guys. Therefore I will from this point on be trying to give you a good mix of both my opinion and statistics. Please feel free to leave me a comment at the bottom and tell me your thoughts. Coming off of a huge weekend of dynamite fight cards we've got another great one in store for you. With all of that being said lets dive right in!

Devin Clark 6-0 vs Alex Nicholson 6-2

Clark is another great prospect coming out of Jackson-Wink that I think will fair well in the UFC. Nicholson is coming off of his debut in the UFC that didn't see him rise to his potential. Nicholson looks to make a statement against a guy who trains with some of the best in the world. Nicholson's reach combined with his Ko power will prove to be too much for the debuting Clark.

Pick: Alex Nicholson via 1st Round KO/TKO

Rani Yahya 21-8 vs Matthew Lopez 8-0

Both of these guys are just monsters on the ground. Yahya is coming in on a 2 fight win streak and Lopez is undefeated. Out of the 29 wins between these two 20 of them have come by submission. Obviously thats no accident as both guys train with some of the best jiu jitsu coaches the sport has to offer. I think the safe bet is to say that experience wins but I belive Lopez will show Yahya something he hasn't seen before. Both guys stifle each others ground game to a unnanimous decision for Lopez.

Pick: Matthew Lopez via Unanimous Decision

Scott Holtzman 8-1 vs Cody Pfister 12-5-1

Pfister always comes to fight. Coming off of a loss to a guy he was all to sure he would beat in Sage Northcutt he now takes on arguably a just as dangerous foe in Holtzman. Holtzman can literally end the fight however he chooses and even though Pfister is a tough out, I don't see him making it very far.

Pick: Scott Holtzman via 2nd Round KO/TKO

Cortney Casey 4-3 vs Cristina Stanciu 5-1

Pretty near guarenteed to be a decision. Both girls are tough as hell and neither one wants to drop another fight in the growing strawweight division of the UFC. Coin flip here but lets take the most successful fighter.

Pick: Cristina Stanciu via Unanimous Decision

Eric Spicely 8-1 vs Sam Alvey 26-8

Massive experience gap between these two. The UFC must have some amazing faith in Spicely to put him up against a guy who when you punch him in the face, he smiles at you. I can't take Spicely here. It's just not a good pick weather he wins or not. Stay away from this fight if you are betting this card.

Pick: Sam Alvey via 2nd Round KO/TKO

Lauren Murphy 9-2 vs Katlyn Chookagian 7-0

Murphy was undefeated before stepping up to the UFC where she dropped two straight decision losses to two of the best in the game. Getting back to her winning ways in her last fight she is looking to even out her UFC record against a debuting Katlyn Chookagian. Chookagian has never had an opponent who has the experience Murphy does and I think that will show a little in their fight. Unfortunately for Murphy I have to go with Chookagian here as all Murphy has really shown me in her UFC career is how non-judge friendly she is.

Pick: Katlyn Chookagian via Unanimous Decision

Louis Smolka 10-1 vs Ben Nguyen 15-5

Nguyen is coming in on an 8 fight win streak and Smolka looks to blow up his success with what I expect to be a great performance. Both of these guys are studs no matter where the fight goes and they both have the experience to end it as well. Nguyen has really stepped his game up since entering the UFC and has looked spectacular in both of his outings. Smolka though durable, hasn't looked nearly as ferocious in his 5 fight stint. Therefore I am going with the ever improving, spectacular looking Ben Nguyen.

Pick: Ben Nguyen via 1st Round KO/TKO

Kyle Noke 22-8-1 vs Keita Nakamura 31-7-2

I fully expect this to be the fight of the night. Both guys are gritty and tough. Obviously Nakamura will be the one to fall but when the dust settles we will have witnessed a great war between two very talented veteran fighters.

Pick: Kyle Noke via 3rd Round KO/TKO

Alexey Oleinik 50-9-1 vs Daniel Omielanczuk 18-5-1

Oleinik has been fighting as long as Anderson Silva has. He made is MMA debut in 1997! With 40 submission wins under his belt is a wonder how the UFC hasn't ever given this guy a shot before. He has literally finished guys with nearly every possible submission you can use in MMA and is one of the most talented grapplers MMA has ever seen. How do we even talk about Omielanczuk here? Pfft. Can he make it out of the first round?

Pick: Alexey Oleinik via 1st Round Submission

Tim Boetsch 18-10 vs Josh Samman 12-4

After a couple of tough fights for Boetsch it's back to the drawing board. Simple fight for him though. Glad to see him get an opponent he can just wail on and get his hand raised because he comes off as such a nice and personable guy.

Pick: Tim Boetsch via 1st Round KO/TKO

Tony Ferguson 21-3 vs Landon Vannata 8-0

Everybody hates fights that they get excited about that are changed last minute. Well this one was changed far enough in advance for us to really get pissed off about it. Tony Ferguson has had some terrible luck in the form of injuries lately and now his opponent has fallen out as well. This guy is in the prime of his career only a fight or two against the right guys to earn himself a solid title shot and instead of waiting for the right opponent he takes a debuting undefeated fighter who could just completely derail his hype train. I don't kjnow much about Vannata but I know that if Ferguson gets beaten here, he's going to look back on his entire career knowing this ONE fight defined his entire legacy. Sad to think about.

Pick: Tony Ferguson via However He Wants

Michael McDonald 17-3 vs Jon Lineker 27-7

McDonald always seems to pull the vets because hes a young wonderkid with alot of talent and not very much experience so guys figure they can reignite their careers with a win over a young wonderkid. Sorry Lineker McDonald is too good at this stage in his career to become a victim to the stigma. Enjoy this fight I don't expect it to be very eventful.

Pick: Michael McDonald via Unanimous Decision

There we have it guys! As usual always leave me a comment and let me know what you thought, let me know your picks, let me know your favorite color, let me know how many times you went to the bathroom today! I don't care! I feed off of the comments and views from you guys and I'm so thanbkful for each and every one of you that read this. Enjoy the fights and I'll see you next time.

deeJ

Jul 20, 2015
why "obviously nakamura will fall"? only bet i made so far (before reading this) was nakamura, then i see that, dammit lol
was pretty confident in oleinik before reading and even more so after, will probably put him in a couple parlays
pretty sad chiesa had to pull out, but very glad ferguson stayed on the card, he's one of my favs but don't like putting money of -700 favorites too often.
Thanks as always!

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i put the rent money on a 7 fight round robin bet. if i lose im moving in with you :)

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
solid picks i'd say id agree on many if not all. i think alvey comes in with some fire and puts this guy away

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Like the picks Venom, I think Smolka might win it, but can't disagree with any really.

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
why "obviously nakamura will fall"? only bet i made so far (before reading this) was nakamura, then i see that, dammit lol
was pretty confident in oleinik before reading and even more so after, will probably put him in a couple parlays
pretty sad chiesa had to pull out, but very glad ferguson stayed on the card, he's one of my favs but don't like putting money of -700 favorites too often.
Thanks as always!
Noke has shown way more durability than Nakamura. Thats why I decided that Nakamura would be the one to fall. Tough to bet that fight.