Viperz Venom #4 UFC Fight Night Cowboy vs Cowboy Predictions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
Hello again and welcome to the 4th installment of Viperz Venom! I'm so happy to once again be bringing you another episode of the only prediction thread you should be basing your bets off of! Lets get right down to it!

Anthony Hamilton 14-4 vs Shamil Abdurakhimov

Sure, lets start it off with a coin flip. Power vs Wushu.I'm inclined to take wushu here but Hamilton looked focused. I expect a quick one here.

Pick: Anthony Hamilton via 1st round KO/TKO

Lauren Murphy 8-2 vs Kelly Faszholz 3-0

Oh how I love debuts, they can cast shade on anyones picks. Alot of the time I hear to just pick the hotter one to win which if that were the case alot of people would have lost alot of money betting on Cyborg's opponents. Nonetheless this fight looks pretty good. We've got a submission wiz taking on the veteran here. I'm going to say Ms.Faszholz stays undefeated here.

Pick: Kelly Faszholz via 2nd round Submission

Marion Reneau 6-2 vs Ashlee Evans-Smith 3-1

A couple of women here who love to finish. Evans-Smith isn't scared to take one to give one, she has alot of power and is an all american wrestler. Reneau, who has 4 first round stoppages of her own out of only 8 fights is also a gym teacher. In most cases I lobby to take whomever makes mma their full time job. This time is no different.

Pick: Ashlee Evans-Smith via Unanimous Decision

Jonavin Webb 8-1 vs Nathan Coy 14-6

Nathan Coy steps in on short notice against a dangerous and nearly undefeated opponent. Coy is a wrestler and I expect him to force his will, enforce a high amount of pressure, and try to keep the fight on the ground. If Webb allows Coy to lay and pray his way to victory this one will be a very boring affair. Expect Webb to tag Coy late in the fight and stop it.

Pick: Jonavin Webb via 3rd round KO/TKO

Anthony Smith 24-11 vs Leonardo Augusto Leleco 11-1

Smith is very tall for middleweight and has the reach to go with it. The last place we are going to see this fight go is to the judges. Augusto Leleco is an elusive karate blitz fighter who is riding into the UFC with a 7 fight win streak, what scares me about him is that he weighed in with his chain on, hat on, socks on, and still weighed under the 185 mark, which tells me that middleweigh might not be his best division. Smith on the other hand is an absolute beast. 35 fights and only 1 decision tells you two things. Number 1, he has a kill or be killed mentality and number 2, if you make the first mistake chances are its going to cost you the fight. I actually find this to be a terrible matchup, mainly because the worst thing you can do for a karate blitz fighter is to set him up against a guy who is looking to stay on the outside and has a ton of power. Short night for Augusto Leleco

Pick: Anthony Smith 1st round MURDER (KO/TKO)

Daniel Sarafian 10-5 vs Oluwale Bamgbose 5-1

Sarafian should cut to 170. Bamgbose sends him there with ease. 5 inch reach advantage. Fast starter. Knockout power at all 8 points. Enough said.

Pick: Oluwale Bamgbose 1st round KO/TKO

Alex Garcia 13-2 vs Sean Strickland 16-1

Both men have 9 first round finishes each. Looks like the UFC built a free card around guys who can finish. Strickland has the reach advantage here but Garcia clearly has the power advantage. Garcia punches his way in for an early stoppage.

Pick: Alex Garcia via 1st round KO/TKO

James Krause 22-7 vs Shane Campbell 12-3

Campbell is a favorite here slightly because of his reach and stand up skills but I dont necessarily base my opinion on whats on paper, I like to look for myself. What I saw was a determined Krause and an entitled Campbell. Krause is so well versed in everything that he should be able to take whatever Campbell is throwing his way.

Pick: James Krause via Split Decision

Chris Camozzi 22-10 vs Joe Riggs 41-16

Camozzi has a large reach advatage here over the vet and I expect him to stick and move, he has shown in his previous couple of fights that his footwork has gotten better so I feel as though it may have improved yet again leading up to this fight. To be honest, when I saw these two were fighting I thought it was more of a match up for Bellator. Riggs who is about 4 days away from his 80th birthday canes his way to the octagon for a fight than if Camozzi loses, he will for sure be released. Riggs will spend the entire fight trying to get inside with haymakers that will most likely miss and Camozzi will drag him to the ground and either hold him there for the boring decision or tap him out.

Pick: Chris Camozzi via Unanimous Decision

Dennis Bermudez 15-5 vs Tatsuya Kawajiri

There is no other way for this fight to go than Bermudez making the Fertitta's look like idiot match makers here.

Pick: Dennis Bermudez via 1st round KO/TKO

Cody Garbrandt 7-0 vs Augusto Mendes 5-0

It seems like every card has a couple undefeated fighters fighting each other so why not this one? Garbrandt has an amazing following and the hype train behind him is immense with fighters and fans alike talking about just what this kid can do. Did anyone catch the weigh ins? Mendes actually stepped back and looked scared when Garbrandt walked up to him and got in his face during the square off. You can tell that Garbrandt is choked about this fight being a catchweight. Look for him to make a big statement.

Pick: Cody Garbrandt via 1st round KO/TKO

Derek Brunson 14-3 vs Roan Carneiro 20-9

I think the UFC made a mistake giving Carneiro underdog status on their website. This guy trains with elite guys who are champions or former and he has the skill to submit anyone he can get to the ground. Expect that here.

Pick: Roan Carneiro 2nd round Submission

Donald Cerrone 28-7 vs Alex Oliviera 13-2-1

Cerrone is the more active fighter, Cerrone is the more talented fighter, Cerrone only loses to top tier guys.

Pick: Donald Cerrone via 1st round KO/TKO

Alright guys well thanks for reading another episode and I honestly can't wait for the next one. Silva vs Bisping is a BIG event.

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
thanks to Wild @Wild and Splinty @Splinty for the words! Please feel free to leave constructive criticism. Anything you guys want me to write about other than just predictions? Anything I should change or add to my column? Let me know!