Viperz Venom #6 UFC 196 Breakdown & Predictions!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
Hello fight fans and welcome to that column you've all been waiting for! Where I breakdown the next UFC card and give you my picks! Once again I'm always up for constructive criticism so send me some with your comments. Let me know if you'd like a poll or maybe you would like me to give you my thoughts on a past match up? The sky is the limit here people, I'm writing because I want people to enjoy reading it! So with that being said lets get underway!

Julian Erosa 15-3 vs Teruto Ishihara 8-2-2

On paper Erosa looks like the more well rounded of the two, he has a more diverse resume, has won more, and lost less. With that being said Ishihara has "bam bam" power and if he can get inside on Erosa he could very well sleep him with ease. It's worth noting that both men stand southpaw as well.

Pick: Julian Erosa via Unanimous Decision

Jason Saggo 10-2 vs Justin Salas 12-6

Saggo is a submission wizard he's one of those guys that can just lock you up in something out of nowhere. It always worries me when a fighter has never been to decision before though. Salas on the other hand has more experience and is a pretty well rounded fighter. The trend with this card looks to me like they're putting up masters of a specific craft up against well rounded guys in a sink or swim situation if you will. Saggo is 3 inches taller but only has a 1 inch reach advantage on Salas. As much as I like Salas I just don't see him winning this fight.

Pick: Jason Saggo via 3rd Round Submission

Diego Sanchez 27-8 vs Jim Miller 25-7

When I saw the placement of this fight on the card it floored me. I can't believe guys who always entertain, always look for a finish are stuck this low on this card. Is it just me or does Sanchez look like he wants to fight all the time? The way he came out at the weigh ins all hopping around and then mean mugging Miller made me laugh quite a bit. Not because Sanchez is always full of intensity but because he looked like a 12 year old boy telling his father he didn't want to go to his room. Anyways this is an easy one for me.

Pick: Diego Sanchez via 1st Round KO/TKO

Darren Elkins 20-5 vs Chas Skelly 15-1

2 tall featherweights meet to see who the tall guy in the division really is. Skelly has a better ground game but is well rounded and Elkins has more power but is also well rounded. Very close match-up here. I'm a firm believer that no one over 30 should sport a mohawk but that doesn't mean Elkins won't win the fight.

Pick: Chas Skelly via Unanimous Decision

Vitor Miranda 12-4 vs Marcelo Guimaraes 9-1-1

Miranda has 4 inches of reach and sleeps people. Enough said.

Pick: Vitor Miranda via 1st Round KO/TKO

Erick Silva 18-6 vs Nordine Taleb 11-3

I am such a huge fan of Silva. When he's on he could beat anybody in the division. When he's off he stinks the place up worse than a popcorn fart in a southern church. I also watched Taleb on the ultimate fighter and was a fan of his skillset throughout the course of the show. With all of that being said Silva has alot more octagon experience than Taleb does. In my own person opinion Taleb has better trainers than Silva does. This is one of those fights where i don't want to pick a winner.

Pick: Erick Silva via 2nd Round KO/TKO

Brandon Thatch 11-3 vs Siyar Bahadurzada 21-6-1

Thatch definatley looks to be the bigger fighter at least as far as the square off at the weigh ins is concerned. But Bahadurzada is a very scary individual. Thatches glass jaw shatters in the first round.

Pick: Siyar Bahadurzada via 1st Round KO/TKO

Amanda Nunes 11-4 vs Valentina Shevchenko 12-1

What can we expect here? I expect an absolute WAR. Which is great for the fight fan side of me but not so great for the writer in me that needs to pick a winner. I think that Nunes is going to have some problems with Shevchenko's southpaw stance.

Pick: Valentina Shevchenko via 1st Round Submission

Corey Anderson 8-1 vs Tom Lawlor 10-5

It's amazing how few fights Lawlor has for how long he's been in the game. Anderson who will play the part of the young buck coming to steal the old mans milk money.

Pick: Corey Anderson via 1st Round KO/TKO

Gian Villante 14-6 vs Ilir Latifi 12-4

Latifi has that short stocky frame that you can fit so much power into, but Villante trains with the some of the best in the world. Picking with my heart always gets me into trouble but I simply cannot pick Villante because of my strong disgust for his teammate Chris Wideman.

Pick: Ilir Latifi via 1st Round KO/TKO

Holly Holm 10-0 vs Meisha Tate 17-5

Is Tate not aware that it is not a good idea to sign to fight a kickboxer who has a reach advantage on you? I'm sure their aren't to many people picking Tate to win here but if she is going to have any success whatsoever she needs to grab ahold of Holm and never EVER let go. In my opinion the Uriah Faber of the womens bantamweight division gets herself to the title shot yet again but can't come up victorious.

Pick: Holly Holm via Unanimous Decision

Conor McGregor 19-2 vs Nate Diaz 19-10

I don't know what to say when it comes to a McGregor fight. Does anybody really? Lets look at this from less of a fanboys point of view and analyze. The stockton slap vs the heavyweight left hand. The only way Diaz wins this fight is if he executes the perfect gameplan, drags McGregor down and submits him. But who in their right mind would not predict exactly what Mystic Mac has said? Has he been wrong about himself yet? Even though Diaz is an extremely hard guy to finish until McGregor is wrong about himself, he gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

Pick: Conor McGregor via 1st Round KO/TKO

I realize that picking only 3 decisions out of a whole fight card is ludacrious but who doesn't want to see every single fight have a definitive finish? Anyways I really hope you enjoyed my breakdown of UFC 196 and I can't wait to bring you the next one. Please feel free to comment with your suggestions, questions, or just plain old comments about my column. Until next time.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Gonna read in a read in a little bit, thanks for posting

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
Nate getting Ko'd in rnd 1 is Crazytalk.
You know I agree with you. I agree that it's crazy. But knocking out the p4p best fighter in the world, undefeated for 10 years in 13 seconds is crazy talk as well. Not only did mcgregor do it. He predicted that also would sleep within the first minute.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
I disagree with Sanchez ko and like how you have given filthy Tom his 10th win as he griped about this......

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
I disagree with Sanchez ko and like how you have given filthy Tom his 10th win as he griped about this......
Well according to ufc.com he has that 10th win. Sanchez comes to battle man. Like I said he looks young here. Resurged if you will. That's why I picked how I did

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Villante is a big bruiser and will win, can't comment on holm fight as the only women's fight I have watched is a replay of rousey holm because there was a ko of someone who reminds me of an ex (personality wise not looks)

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Well according to ufc.com he has that 10th win. Sanchez comes to battle man. Like I said he looks young here. Resurged if you will. That's why I picked how I did
I like Sanchez in this fight also, in terms of skill they are both pretty even but Sanchez is tougher and has the better cardio which will be a huge factor in this fight.

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
Villante is a big bruiser and will win, can't comment on holm fight as the only women's fight I have watched is a replay of rousey holm because there was a ko of someone who reminds me of an ex (personality wise not looks)
Yeah the villante fight is hard for me like I said because of my hate of wideman. Don't could latifi out either though. That stocky guy lands one on the chin and villante will go night night.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Pick: Julian Erosa via Unanimous Decision (Agreed)
Pick: Jason Saggo via 3rd Round Submission (Saggo via SD)
Pick: Diego Sanchez via 1st Round KO/TKO (Miller via SD)
Pick: Chas Skelly via Unanimous Decision (Skelly via 2nd round TKO)
Pick: Vitor Miranda via 1st Round KO/TKO (Miranda via 2nd Rd TKO)
Pick: Erick Silva via 2nd Round KO/TKO (Silva via SD)
Pick: Siyar Bahadurzada via 1st Round KO/TKO (Thatch via UD)
Pick: Valentina Shevchenko via 1st Round Submission (Shevchenko via SD)
Pick: Corey Anderson via 1st Round KO/TKO (Lawlor via SD)
Pick: Ilir Latifi via 1st Round KO/TKO (Agreed)
Pick: Holly Holm via Unanimous Decision (Holm via 3rd Rd TKO)
Pick: Conor McGregor via 1st Round KO/TKO (Conor via 2nd Rd TKO)

My picks in red. Let's see what you got ViperzVenom @ViperzVenom :)

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I always enjoy predi tion threads, good stuff ViperzVenom @ViperzVenom

Only issue I see is describing Conors left hand as HW when he's KOing wee men. Guy can hit no doubt, if he can actually KO Nate then I'll be impressed but I see a TKO being more likely if at all.

WAR NATE!

M

member 3289

Shevchenko is gonna get murked and Diego is way past his prime.

Nick Diaz still GOAT

Posting Machine
Mar 1, 2016
if anything, the Diaz brothers have shown themselves to be durable. sure Nate got snuffed in the Thomson fight, but imo. he had no fear of Josh he was chasing him with impunity. he'll be wary of Conor so I don't think Conor will have too many free shots. Nate may get tko'd but it will take time Late round 2 at the absolute earliest afaic. also this is the toughest matchup for Conor so far what with the size and experience he's facing.

not that it matter much here , they are different people, but the general concensus was Nick couldn't last more than a few minutes with Anderson and we saw how that went. if anything I see this fight as being more similar to that one.

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
I always enjoy predi tion threads, good stuff ViperzVenom @ViperzVenom

Only issue I see is describing Conors left hand as HW when he's KOing wee men. Guy can hit no doubt, if he can actually KO Nate then I'll be impressed but I see a TKO being more likely if at all.

WAR NATE!
According to pounds per square inch Conor mcgregor throws a harder punch than Jon bones jones. That makes his punch a heavyweight punch in my opinion. I'm really enjoying all of this response by the way! Thanks so much guys!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
According to pounds per square inch Conor mcgregor throws a harder punch than Jon bones jones. That makes his punch a heavyweight punch in my opinion. I'm really enjoying all of this response by the way! Thanks so much guys!
Jons can't squash a grape! His own words man!

"[Johnson] has much more striking power than I do. That's pretty obvious. I haven't knocked out anything. Rampage said I can't bust a grape, and I think that is true. I have a great staff of people around me, really smart coaches. We're not naïve to our strengths and our weaknesses. We'll come up with an appropriate strategy to be successful."

Jon Jones on Anthony Johnson fight: Rampage was right, I can't bust a grape

Not a KO yet since he started in the UFC.

Obi-Wan-In-A-Million

I'm the Wan you've been looking for.
Oct 29, 2015
Good move on clarifying that she doesn't look like your ex. Well, at least in my opinion. Joe Rogan might disagree though.

Obi-Wan-In-A-Million

Oct 29, 2015
Jons can't squash a grape! His own words man!

"[Johnson] has much more striking power than I do. That's pretty obvious. I haven't knocked out anything. Rampage said I can't bust a grape, and I think that is true. I have a great staff of people around me, really smart coaches. We're not naïve to our strengths and our weaknesses. We'll come up with an appropriate strategy to be successful."

Jon Jones on Anthony Johnson fight: Rampage was right, I can't bust a grape

Not a KO yet since he started in the UFC.
That might be true, but what I think ViperzVenom @ViperzVenom is saying rings true about Conor. Jon might not be able to "bust a grape" but if he landed flush on a FW or LW fighter, they'd drop like a sack of shit. The lighter weight guys aren't supposed to hit that hard. They're also not used to being hit that hard... Unless they're idiots and spar 100% with LHW and HW guys in the gym.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Good move on clarifying that she doesn't look like your ex. Well, at least in my opinion. Joe Rogan might disagree though.
I never understood that about her (ronda). I'm not going to rip on her but attractive or hot just is not something that even comes to mind at all, ever, in any photo, capture or.........ever......sorry for being a dick to those this might offend

Obi-Wan-In-A-Million

Oct 29, 2015
I never understood that about her (ronda). I'm not going to rip on her but attractive or hot just is not something that even comes to mind at all, ever, in any photo, capture or.........ever......sorry for being a dick to those this might offend
I agree. When I say that around my buddies they all act like I'm bullshitting and trying to be the guy with an opinion opposite of theirs. But I'm really not.

Don't get me wrong, Rond's not sideshow ugly by any means, she's just not what I would consider "hot" and definitely not a 10. A strong 6 maybe... Possibly a 7 when she's in weigh-ins type shape.

Like Robbie Hart @Robbie Hart said, I'm not trying to be a dick to or about her, it's just my honest opinion. And I too apologize if I offended anyone, like Mr. Rogan or those who agree with his position.

ViperzVenom

Analysis & Predictions
Jan 14, 2016
I agree. When I say that around my buddies they all act like I'm bullshitting and trying to be the guy with an opinion opposite of theirs. But I'm really not.

Don't get me wrong, Rond's not sideshow ugly by any means, she's just not what I would consider "hot" and definitely not a 10. A strong 6 maybe... Possibly a 7 when she's in weigh-ins type shape.

Like Robbie Hart @Robbie Hart said, I'm not trying to be a dick to or about her, it's just my honest opinion. And I too apologize if I offended anyone, like Mr. Rogan or those who agree with his position.
I think a lot of people think she's so attractive because she is one of the more attractive women in Mma. With that being said there are a lot of dogs lol.