Society Virginia Attorney General Herring says he wore blackface in college

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
RICHMOND — Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring (D) said Wednesday he dressed in blackface during college, elevating the Capitol’s scandals to a new level that engulfed the entire executive branch of government.

“In 1980, when I was a 19-year-old undergraduate in college, some friends suggested we attend a party dressed like rappers we listened to at the time, like Kurtis Blow, and perform a song,” Herring said in a statement. “It sounds ridiculous even now writing it. But because of our ignorance and glib attitudes – and because we did not have an appreciation for the experiences and perspectives of others – we dressed up and put on wigs and brown makeup.”

Herring referred to it as a “onetime occurrence” and said he accepted “full responsibility.”

“That conduct clearly shows that, as a young man, I had a callous and inexcusable lack of awareness and insensitivity to the pain my behavior could inflict on others,” said Herring, who last month had announced he intends to run for governor in 2021. “It was really a minimization of both people of color, and a minimization of a horrific history I knew well even then.”

Herring’s acknowledgment comes as Gov. Ralph Northam (D) faces calls for his resignation after a photo emerged on his 1984 medical school yearbook page featuring someone in blackface standing next to someone in Ku Klux Klan robes.

And early Monday, Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D) denied the allegations of a woman who said he sexually assaulted her at the Democratic National Convention in 2004.

T

The Big Guy

I dont understand why anyone cares.

I dressed up like cowboys and indians when i was young.

I wear green on st patricks day along with everyone else.

I taped my eyes back to look asian for fun

I put hot sauce on my burritos

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

I demand you resign from what ever it is you do immediately. I want a full and heartfelt apology which I will completely ignore and use against you.
You are worse than Hitler.

T

The Big Guy

I demand you resign from what ever it is you do immediately. I want a full and heartfelt apology which I will completely ignore and use against you.
I work at a school for blind children and i tell all of them they are white

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Is that from Small Wonder?

Man. That show was fucking awful. My sister used to watch it. I'd imitate the girl robot to piss her off

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I agree.
Shit happened like 30 years ago.

Was it in bad taste? Sure.

Does it have any bearing on his professional career and the man he is today? No.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I agree.
Shit happened like 30 years ago.

Was it in bad taste? Sure.

Does it have any bearing on his professional career and the man he is today? No.
brett kavanaugh drank beer is high school bruh

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
We should stop playing all Fred Estaire music around the holidays because he dressed up in blackface multiple times in his movies. He was obviously a huge racist.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015

Its because the side in question likes to play identity politics while being totally hypocritical. Just look at the AG of Virginia.

It wasnt that long ago the dems went full retard on the governor of Missouri for fucking his hairdresser.

T

The Big Guy

Its because the side in question likes to play identity politics while being totally hypocritical. Just look at the AG of Virginia.

It wasnt that long ago the dems went full retard on the governor of Missouri for fucking his hairdresser.
I agree and fuck the democrats. I love watching then eat eachother alive for not being PC enough. But its a toxic culture.

Cant wait for them to start attacking men who use hair products or women who wear boots for "gender appropriation"

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
LoL @ These lame VA Dems and LoL @ The Washington ComPost not publishing the sexual assault accuser's story when she first came forward against the black LT Gov. but had no problem with the whole Lazy Lying Christine Blasey Ford bullshit story. Fuck them for ruining a future GOP star in Gov. Bob McDonnell...