Sci/Tech Virtual reality thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I just bought the Oculus 2 on a whim. I tried to buy an Oculus Quest last Christmas, but they were back ordered until late Feb so I forgot about it. I’m looking for something fun for me, but also another way to hang with the fam if widespread COVID persists for another six months. I’ll need to lean on you guys for game recommendations because I haven’t had a gaming system in decades. Looking forward to it!

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I just bought the Oculus 2 on a whim. I tried to buy an Oculus Quest last Christmas, but they were back ordered until late Feb so I forgot about it. I’m looking for something fun for me, but also another way to hang with the fam if widespread COVID persists for another six months. I’ll need to lean on you guys for game recommendations because I haven’t had a gaming system in decades. Looking forward to it!
Keep us updated on how you like it...I'm thinking about getting one too.

Great thread kneeblock @kneeblock

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Definitely recommend the following:

No Man's Sky
Skyrim VR
Job Simulator

For socializing with others, I recommend:

vTime
AltSpace VR

Facebook also has some kind of group meeting space on the oculus I believe, but I haven't used it personally.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You ever play this?

View attachment 20754

Great game but would get sick as shit ...got a feeling the same would happen if I try VR
Yes, loved that game

I lived in a drug dealer house...Cannabis mostly

We had dozens of people coming in and out daily

Dealer dude had a 60-70 inch TV and two couches in one room

We hooked up that game and it was on nearly 24/7 for a few years

here is the good part...

Run a piece of duck tape vertically down the center of the TV with a vertical piece of cardboard that stuck out 3 feet from the screen...other people have surely done this but I thought it up for our situation because I hated screen watchers

In multiplayer (4 players 4 quarter screens)this creates two large screens on either side of the cardboard, no screen peeking to cheat

People would bet 1-5 bucks a game and there was 2 on 2 matches going on almost all day, we had TVs in another room for other viewing...this was just a dedicated gaming room...we would regularly have 20 people in that room and people would be waiting for a game 3-4 games deep

I and some of the other people that lived in the house, made many many thousands of dollars off the people that came in to get some herb

I was somewhat of a ringer because of my superior hand eye coordination, I would also toy with them via tactics/map knowledge and end up behind them with gun to back of their head as me and my partner laughed chuckled and followed them around

I always turned off my HUD(sights so it looked easier on the eye), I could circle/sidestep shuffle very smoothly so it didn't make you sick...It was really fun to watch the players that were smooth enough to not make you feel sick

I could make 100+ a night easily...we also did this with perfect dark and halo 1 and maybe halo 2

That was my golden era of gaming no doubt, was a lot of fun...beer or red bull/vodka and some oregon cannabis was our diet

I don't game anymore but those are fond memories haha

OddJob
Jaws(easiest head shot)
etc...

So many funny characters

TLDR humble brag of the golden days

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Loving the walk about golf game. The plank freaked me out.

the free games are excellent.

its a total game changer.

you reckon I expect you to die is a winner @itskrabbale?

T

The Big Guy

Buy the boxing game thrill of the fight.

I bought it for my son and ended up doing 6 fights. After throwing about 100 punches each round I've been sore for a few days and haven't played since. It's weird because your missing every punch but your going a little harder than shadowboxing. A slow pace over 12 rounds would be a good workout and I was all sweaty after about 45 mins

Heres a video and obviously I'm the fat guy

View: https://youtu.be/p0MuU-ZJNa4

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Buy the boxing game thrill of the fight.

I bought it for my son and ended up doing 6 fights. After throwing about 100 punches each round I've been sore for a few days and haven't played since. It's weird because your missing every punch but your going a little harder than shadowboxing. A slow pace over 12 rounds would be a good workout and I was all sweaty after about 45 mins

Heres a video and obviously I'm the fat guy

View: https://youtu.be/p0MuU-ZJNa4
Dude that is awesome! I almost bought that game but decided I would wait until I read some reviews..... then totally forgot about it. That looks fun. I much prefer that kind of first player game to an immersive universe one. I don’t have a lot of time to invest so I like to get in, fuck some shit up, and get out. That game looks perfect for that!

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Bought the table tennis game today.

fucking Hell.

i used to be a pretty decent county level player. So it was it bit annoying for 30 mins. Then it clicked. And I was ok against hard. Losing but ok. Then i played online.

but with only 2 hours in i can see I will be a playa on this.

what a game.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I have an older system. PS4 I think. It's black and stands on end.

Is it compatible with VR?

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
FINGERS @Fingers, have you tried Thrill of the Fight? It's a must play. You'll be suprised how sore you can get punching at nothing.
I need to get it. I played the demo. It’s a work out no doubt.

i need the space of my garden to play it I think. I broke a light bulb doing an uppercut and I’ve lost my wrist band Which sends the controller slamming into my French windows regularly.

looking forward to playing it when the weather is a bit better,