Vitor Belfort explains equality suggestion for PEDs: ‘Everybody's guilty until they're tested’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/1...ma-news#ooid=VvbWZ1czrqmxNmCzGhsuopCPVLJMfTNh

Video in link

"Several weeks ago, while in California for UFC 184, Vitor Belfort informed the media that he was disappointed with the lack of equality in the drug testing patterns, as he had been drug tested seven times ahead of his title fight againstChris Weidman. While the Brazilian has traditionally been a lightning rod of controversy with regards to PEDs, he believes it is unfair that he was subjected to more drug testing than his opponent.

Hours later, Weidman responded to Belfort's comments with cynicism, and added that he hopes "there's seven more." This prompted Belfort to delve into his grievances on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour.

"What I meant is this: the sport is coming towards a big change," Belfort said. "Let's talk about uniforms. You see this? (Points to sponsor's shirt.) These are the people that I have a big contract with. Big contract. Lots of money. So now I've gotta go to them and say, ‘Listen, I cannot have you guys inside the cage because we have these guys that sponsor UFC, this big company, that people are only going to be allowed to wear them. And in their mind, they say, ‘Okay. But they will pay you what we pay?' And I say, ‘No, I don't have anything with them.' And we have a lot of discussions -- it's right, it's not right, people like it, people don't like it. But you know, I understand that things have to be done today for the future.

"So as a businessman, I was talking about (wanting) something to be fair. It's a rule, everybody has to follow the rule.

Last month, the UFC announced a new plan to implement comprehensive out-of-competition random PED testing. The plan would be coupled with harsher punishments to deter potential abusers from the substances. While Belfort is more than happy to comply with the new approach, he believes it should be affect all fighters the same, not just previous offenders......"

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Not everyone has been using since they were 17 and not everyone has been caught multiple times and then had to be on TRT because of past steroid abuse. Man i wish Vitor would just stop lol.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
He was popped once in Pride, and he tested high out of competition another time while TRT (in MMA) was still a thing. Of course it was fairly obvious from his earliest days in the UFC that he was using PEDs of some kind, but since he was never popped back then by the ACs, and we're assuming anyway, then I'm going to speculate that roughly 90% of his competitors were also using PEDs back then too. To put things in perspective, Anderson Silva has failed as many times as Vitor, while Overeem has failed fewer times. Vitor is just another fighter when it comes to PED use, and it's unfair the way he's singled out like he was the only guy who ever used PEDs in MMA. Don't get me wrong, test him seven more times if we're going to finally get serious about cleaning up the sport, but let's not pretend that he still shouldn't have a voice in a sport he helped to build.

Last edited:

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Not everyone has been using since they were 17 and not everyone has been caught multiple times and then had to be on TRT because of past steroid abuse. Man i wish Vitor would just stop lol.
+1

Weidman hadn't been popped before so Vitor shouldn't act all surprised that hes being singled out since hes been caught before.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
He was explicitly told by the Commission they would test him more because of the TRT fiasco. You crazy Vitor.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hes right on the sponsorship but he's gotta realize he's created a perfect storm to be the current poster boy for the testing inequity.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Personally i dont need a test to say Vitor has been using since he was at least 17 and saw what he looked like at 19 and to know who his old coach was the biggest steroid dealer at the time and eventually got arrested and iirc died. The fanboys can love him and praise him all they want and i am also a big fan of Vitor always have been but i dont let that get in the way of what really goes down. I am a huge wand fan HUGE! and i also said him running from a test was just fucking stupid and he was obviously hiding something. The life ban was a bit much but what he did was dumb. I dont care who i am a fan of i will speak to the truth and call a spade a spade. Vitor loves steroids always has always will, whether he does them now or not remains to be seen but he loves them no doubt. I also love steroids think they are amazing wish they werent so unhealthy or i would be on them now and i wouldve been on them for the past 10 years lol.

Fans really sicken me sometimes with the shit that comes out of their mouth when it comes to their favorite fighters.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm weidman fan but he has been little bit harsh on vitor and said alot of shiit example like the little horse tail or something like that.
Hey welcome to the community my man! Happy to have you, and hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you need anything.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think the majority of fight fans can agree that PEDs were/are a staple in the sport and the trend is now being brought forward as taboo. Yes they busted guys like Sylvia, Sherk and Barnett back in the day but it wasn't such a media topic compared to now. We all know what has fueled Vitor for years but I feel that so many others are just as guilty and have just been better at keeping it a secret. What I don't like is when Weidman finds any chance to bring this back up in an attempt to tarnish what Belfort has done for MMA. The old MMA scene was pretty much a free for all and so many guys juiced, we all know about the PRIDE contracts now. I posted in another thread that I will almost always root for the guy who's considered "old school" when they fight, guys like Vitor, Arlovski, Hunt, Werdum.....Whether you like them or not they are the ones who put in the work for guys like Chris to make a decent paying career at this point in his life and if all he can see is a group of cheaters then that's incredibly selfish and naive of him IMO.