Vitor Belfort: 'I think I'm getting younger, actually'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Belfort is the sole link to the UFC’s no-holds-barred days, and yet he feels his nickname, “The Phenom,” is still as applicable as it was when he started fighting in the UFC as a teenager.

“I think I’m getting younger, actually,” he said.

In an extended video interview with MMAjunkie, Belfort spoke about his upcoming fight with Weidman and his thoughts about longevity and success in the sport.

Belfort has aged over one year as the result of delays to the title fight – first when the testosterone therapy-replacement he used was banned from the sport and then via multiple injuries to the champ – and remains adamant he will emerge with a title.

“I see me getting my game on and being ready to apply,” Belfort said. “They say, you have plan A, plan B – I have one plan, and my plan is win.

“If you start getting too much like, ‘I have plan A, plan B,’ it’s not like I’m a magician. I’m a fighter. I go there to win. We have head kicks, front kicks, right hooks, combinations. We’ve got everything, and when I think about it, I’m always in the winning position.”

Read more and video...
Top UFC contender Vitor Belfort: ‘I think I’m getting younger, actually’ | MMAjunkie

Last edited by a moderator:

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
After Vitor has gone off the TRT has he lost a lot of muscle mass/weight?

Because if he hasnt, then wasnt TRT just a fake excuses to use testosterone?

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

Belfort is the sole link to the UFC’s no-holds-barred days, and yet he feels his nickname, “The Phenom,” is still as applicable as it was when he started fighting in the UFC as a teenager.
“I think I’m getting younger, actually,” he said.
In an extended video interview with MMAjunkie, Belfort spoke about his upcoming fight with Weidman and his thoughts about longevity and success in the sport.
Belfort has aged over one year as the result of delays to the title fight – first when the testosterone therapy-replacement he used was banned from the sport and then via multiple injuries to the champ – and remains adamant he will emerge with a title.
“I see me getting my game on and being ready to apply,” Belfort said. “They say, you have plan A, plan B – I have one plan, and my plan is win.
“If you start getting too much like, ‘I have plan A, plan B,’ it’s not like I’m a magician. I’m a fighter. I go there to win. We have head kicks, front kicks, right hooks, combinations. We’ve got everything, and when I think about it, I’m always in the winning position.”

Read more and video...
Top UFC contender Vitor Belfort: ‘I think I’m getting younger, actually’ | MMAjunkie

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
After Vitor has gone off the TRT has he lost a lot of muscle mass/weight?

Because if he hasnt, then wasnt TRT just a fake excuses to use testosterone?
Hes lost a bit of muscle mass since his last fight but is still stronger than when he fought Franklin and Terry Martin. We all saw the results of those fights.

Like I said, Widemans in over his head here.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015

I wonder if Weidman will retire after the beating he is about to receive.
He will definitely be re evaluating whether his passion for MMA is still there.

You don't piss off a phenom and come away victorious. It just doesn't happen. The lions going to feast.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'd love to see Vitor win any way possible but I think its Weidmans fight to lose. If Chris wins and at anytime after brings up Vitor and PEDs again he'll forever be labeled a whiney repetive girl who can't move forward from the past.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Man. I've come to really love Weidman, like a lot. He seems like such a nice dude, good family man, etc.

I just want Vitor to win so bad. I have been a fan of him for like 10 years now. Back when he was wallowing in random British promotions and losing in PRIDE, I never ever would've thought he'd climb so high back up the mountain.

It'd seriously be the perfect way to write the closing chapter of his story.. to win the title when NO ONE thinks he can do it. All those years where his sister was gone and he was a mess mentally.. I think it'd just be awesome if he pulled it off.

However, the longer this fight is getting delayed, the worse I think his chances are. Ring rust never helps anyone, nevermind 18+ months worth. Then again, I guess you can look at it in a positive way, too. He's had a lot more time to adjust without the TRT in his body, and perhaps if they were to have fought right away he would've been more sluggish. Considering how much he's been tested, I do believe he's clean. He's not getting any younger, but maybe he actually does feel that way because his body has adjusted to no longer needed artificial test.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Man. I've come to really love Weidman, like a lot. He seems like such a nice dude, good family man, etc.

I just want Vitor to win so bad. I have been a fan of him for like 10 years now. Back when he was wallowing in random British promotions and losing in PRIDE, I never ever would've thought he'd climb so high back up the mountain.

It'd seriously be the perfect way to write the closing chapter of his story.. to win the title when NO ONE thinks he can do it. All those years where his sister was gone and he was a mess mentally.. I think it'd just be awesome if he pulled it off.

However, the longer this fight is getting delayed, the worse I think his chances are. Ring rust never helps anyone, nevermind 18+ months worth. Then again, I guess you can look at it in a positive way, too. He's had a lot more time to adjust without the TRT in his body, and perhaps if they were to have fought right away he would've been more sluggish. Considering how much he's been tested, I do believe he's clean. He's not getting any younger, but maybe he actually does feel that way because his body has adjusted to no longer needed artificial test.
Most underappreciated champ on the UFC roster.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I haven't been this confident in a fight outcome since I predicted that Chael would beat Shogun in the 1st round via guillatine.