Vitor Belfort vows to retire after next fight: It's 'too much for my body'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Vitor Belfort is the original MMA phenom. The 39-year-old has been competing in the sport since 1996 and has developed a reputation as one of the all-time greats.

Belfort broke onto the scene when he demolished Tank Abbott at UFC 13 with his trademark lightening fast hands and quickly became known as the most feared striker in the sport. The Brazilian captured multiple world titles — including the UFC light heavyweight championship — and almost became the first man to stop Jon Jones in the Octagon with a vicious armbar at UFC 152.

With those historic accomplishments comes heavy fight mileage, and Belfort is really starting to feel the toll on his body.

Vitor Belfort vows to retire after next fight: It's 'too much for my body'

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
The last one should've been the last one. He's going to have to fight someone in his age group.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Kevin was 4 when Vitor started fighting. I'd like to see him go out with a fight against someone his own age.

I'd love to see him and Henderson / Anderson fight with a Pride like NO drug testing clause in the contract. So we could witness the return of TRTor before he retires.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
Vitor has always been one of my favorite fighters. We are nearly the same age and I've been a fan of his through it's ups and downs. I make fun of the guy for dad bod, but it comes with age. Father time is undefeated. People can do things to cheat against him, but you never win the war. I'll miss seeing him fight, but waching him get crushed over the weekend was tough to take. I hope he gets a can fight, or at least a end of the road legend fight to send him out the right way.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
It's upsetting what happened to his sister. Im not intending to make light of the tragedy but it's a shame how that incident took what likely would have been the best years away from his career.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
It's upsetting what happened to his sister. Im not intending to make light of the tragedy but it's a shame how that incident took what likely would have been the best years away from his career.
All those fights when he came/left the cage carrying signs or shirts about his sister. I still think about that when I see his entrance. Sad....

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
All those fights when he came/left the cage carrying signs or shirts about his sister. I still think about that when I see his entrance. Sad....
I was listening to the fight companion and they talk about it. Didn't know about the tire stuff.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Vitor has always been one of my favorite fighters. We are nearly the same age and I've been a fan of his through it's ups and downs. I make fun of the guy for dad bod, but it comes with age. Father time is undefeated. People can do things to cheat against him, but you never win the war. I'll miss seeing him fight, but waching him get crushed over the weekend was tough to take. I hope he gets a can fight, or at least a end of the road legend fight to send him out the right way.

looking at the last gif . It seems like TRT even enhances your reflexes

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Certainly will go down as a BAMF that is for sure!!! Forget about the TRT, you still gotta love all that Vitor has given for the sport

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
looking at the last gif . It seems like TRT even enhances your reflexes
Vitor has always had a nice counter uppercut. He used against Antony Rea on Cage Rage. I remember being very impressed with it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I just learned that, assuming there is sufficient wick material, the human body can sustain its own fire for around 7 hours.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
perfect response to that would have been

"Of course not! @lorenzofertitta retains plausible deniability."