Volk vs Max off (Max Injured)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

KnockoutThoughts

Money Making Mitch
Jul 22, 2015
Cejudo called for the fight. I think Cejudo coming back would do far better numbers and be a better fight than Korean zombie!

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
lot of respect for KZ, love his fights.

but T-City put one on him, and I don't see what KZ brings to a party with Volk.
Very much this.

I like the Triple C matchup. Cejudo is one guy who I would like to see him take his shot at one night for being all-round combat sports GOAT. Olympic gold in wrestling, AND he becomes the UFC's first THREE division champ? I'd like to see him try to do that. And if Volk turns him back like I think he should, guess what? I think that the name Henry Cejudo fits right in there very comfortably with Jose Aldo and Max Holloway in Volk's collection of ATG scalps.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
it would be awesome to see him come back short notice and get his ass kicked in though
It would be awesome if he won, and if he got his ass kicked, well...... we've never seen anyone do that since prime DJ, when Cejudo didn't have his MMA skillsets fully integrated yet. That's a good quality title defense for Volk, IMO. Cejudo is undersized, but his championship pedigree is unmatched by anyone Volk has access to or will have access to.

??

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Very much this.

I like the Triple C matchup. Cejudo is one guy who I would like to see him take his shot at one night for being all-round combat sports GOAT. Olympic gold in wrestling, AND he becomes the UFC's first THREE division champ? I'd like to see him try to do that. And if Volk turns him back like I think he should, guess what? I think that the name Henry Cejudo fits right in there very comfortably with Jose Aldo and Max Holloway in Volk's collection of ATG scalps.

??
yea but what if he wins... can you put up with the Quad-Cringe????

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
lot of respect for KZ, love his fights.

but T-City put one on him, and I don't see what KZ brings to a party with Volk.
true. would be more intrigued by Yair since he's got that wild style which Volk never faced before

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Henry Cejudo being a PPV draw is probably the most idiotic and baseless myth in MMA history, which is saying something.

The guy has literally headlined one PPV, which no official numbers were released for, but trends suggested would be around 250,000. That card had another title fight and in reality the real headliner was Ferguson vs Cowboy.

So stop calling him a draw. He isn't even remotely a draw.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The TKZ match is a bit better than people give it credit for.

TKZ was essentially KOd by spinning shit in both of his last two losses, even if only one was actually a KO. The reason Ortega dominated him so easily after it was because he had already sent him to the clouds.

Volk will engage Zombie in a more straightforward boxing match, which is TKZ's strength. And he has a big power advantage. Volk should win but it's not a terrible fight.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
The TKZ match is a bit better than people give it credit for.

TKZ was essentially KOd by spinning shit in both of his last two losses, even if only one was actually a KO. The reason Ortega dominated him so easily after it was because he had already sent him to the clouds.

Volk will engage Zombie in a more straightforward boxing match, which is TKZ's strength. And he has a big power advantage. Volk should win but it's not a terrible fight.

IMG_8920.png