Wanderlei Silva calls out Vitor Belfort for bare-knuckle debut: ‘Are you a man, or will you run?’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Wanderlei Silva calls out Vitor Belfort for bare-knuckle debut: ‘Are you a man, or will you run?’

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight smashing machine Wanderlei Silva, who renewed the lease on his mixed martial arts (MMA) life under the Bellator MMA banner, is not ready to call it a career just yet.

Sure, “The Axe Murderer” hasn’t won back-to-back fights since 2006 and competed just twice over the last six years — both of them losses — but Silva (35-14-1, 1 NC) appears to have found a place he can call home at the tender age of 43.

Assuming Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship (BKFC) can find him the right opponent.

“I think I have finally found the perfect stage to settle all my beefs in the sport,” Silva told AG Fight. “You can only use your hands in bare knuckle boxing. I sent one of the promoters an audio clip, they’re offering quite the amount, an impressive amount of cash, more than what I’m making. I told them I really wanted to fight, but against a particular guy. I would accept if I could face Vitor Belfort. Bare knuckles, five two-minute rounds, only boxing. I want to see if he’s a man or if he’ll run. We found the right place to settle one of the sport’s oldest rivalries. What’s up, Vitor? Are you in or are you going to run?”

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Knees and stomps are what Silva did best in his prime. I will watch but straight boxing takes away his best weapons.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Vitor would likely light him up.
Harder, quicker, more precise, and straight down the pipe.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Vitor would likely light him up.
Harder, quicker, more precise, and straight down the pipe.
agree. It was fun to watch the UFC this weekend and slow down the Adesanya/Whitaker fight to show my daughter the difference between short/straight punches and long/looping punches. Why each was useful and in what situations...

Vitor is a far better boxer. He kills the weaker of Wandy's two remaining brain cells.

M

member 603

I hope they turn off the HVAC in that arena, because a stiff breeze can knock Wandy out nowadays.

Seriously him fighting anywhere is a bad bad decision... Hang it up Wand