Wanderlei Silva says he’s fighting ‘Rampage’ Jackson in September

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Jackson in September? It’s a done deal, at least according to the Brazilian.

ilva posted a video on his Facebook page on Wednesday saying that Bellator officials have reached out to him offering a main event clash with “Rampage” in a yet-to-be-announced card in California on Sept. 29.

”Like people say, it’s very hard for a good professional to retire,” Silva said. “I just got a call from Bellator inviting to be part of the Sept. 29 (card) against Quinton Jackson in the main event in California. It’s our fourth bout, I won two of the first three, so it’s 2-1 for me.”

Bellator and Viacom will hold a press conference in New York on June 26 to announce “a new landmark distribution deal” and “a monumental ‘can’t miss’ event.” Bellator president Scott Coker, Silva and Jackson will attend the press conference.

Silva (35-13-1, 1 no-contest) defeated Jackson (37-13) twice by knock out inside the PRIDE ring in 2003 and 2004. They met a third time in 2008, but this time “Rampage” got his hands raised after a brutal first-round knockout.

“The Axe Murderer” competed only once since leaving the UFC, losing to Chael Sonnen via unanimous decision in his Bellator debut in June 2016.

“Rampage” is 4-2 under the Bellator banner, but lost his last two to “King Mo” Lawal and Sonnen. The former UFC light heavyweight champion hasn’t fought at 205 pounds since 2014, going 2-2 in catchweight and heavyweight bouts.

Full story here:

Wanderlei Silva says he’s fighting ‘Rampage’ Jackson in September

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Fight sounds fun, but honestly more interested in this bit-

'Bellator and Viacom will hold a press conference in New York on June 26 to announce “a new landmark distribution deal..'

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
Jokes aside, I attended a lecture about concussions and I had 12 out of the 15 symptoms presented by the expert there.
www.mmamania.com/platform/amp/2016/6/9/11894262/ufc-wanderlei-silva-has-12-of-15-symptoms-presented-concussion-experts-mma

I attended a lecture where a doctor listed ten symptoms and I had some of them. But the ones I had could happen to anyone, such as mood swings, memory loss, trouble sleeping. Things that aren’t that big of a deal, but they bug you. In this life, we must be ready for everything.
www.bloodyelbow.com/platform/amp/2017/8/23/16191032/wanderlei-silva-supplements-brain-armor-cte-damage-trauma-longevity-bellator-mma-news

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Given how unmotivated Rampage looks I'm no longer thinking a 4th fight is a guaranteed win for him

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
surely he can get off his ass for this one. he HATES wand. the geezer took years off his brain-functioning life with those knees. SURELY he will train night and day, and outrageously concuss Wand.

i started watching mma regularly in 2000, and at the time bought OLD videos of Wand fighting violent, damaging matches in NHB. that alone confirms that he must be on a hiding to nothing.

ha. that said. i bought an old King of the Cage dvd with rampage, that was from the 90's.

i think what we can learn from this post, if anything, is that no fucking way does the world need this fight.

ditto Chuckles/Tito

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Rampage is going to outweigh him by 250 pounds. I got rampage by sitting on him.

Unless Wandy is juiced to the tits like in Pride

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i like this fight for wandy. this is the kind of fight i want to see from the aging legends. i dont want to see wand and rampage get dry humped by chael or king mo .i do not like the crocop fight for wand that rizin was trying to set up. at this point wand can beat a fat ass rampage whose heart isnt in it any more but a hungry crocop who fucking hates wand will murder him. crocop always beat wand in their primes and wand has deteriorated more . ideally i would like wandy to retire with what braincells he has left but that is not how mma seems to work

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
i like this fight for wandy. this is the kind of fight i want to see from the aging legends. i dont want to see wand and rampage get dry humped by chael or king mo .i do not like the crocop fight for wand that rizin was trying to set up. at this point wand can beat a fat ass rampage whose heart isnt in it any more but a hungry crocop who fucking hates wand will murder him. crocop always beat wand in their primes and wand has deteriorated more . ideally i would like wandy to retire with what braincells he has left but that is not how mma seems to work
If old legends that can't quit want to fight... I'm ok with it being like this.

No desire to watch it but if they're going to fight, they need to fight fellow senior citizens.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If old legends that can't quit want to fight... I'm ok with it being like this.

No desire to watch it but if they're going to fight, they need to fight fellow senior citizens.
Ill watch 2 bums fight over a cigarette butt .im not picky .i do not like watching aging legends get fed to young lions though like bj vs yair. I dont like using their name and fame to build up another guy.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
Ill watch 2 bums fight over a cigarette butt .im not picky .i do not like watching aging legends get fed to young lions though like bj vs yair. I dont like using their name and fame to build up another guy.
There’s going to be some stepping stone matches but there have been some questionable match ups.

M

member 3289

An in-shape Rampage murders Wanderlei, just like he did the last time they fought.

But good luck finding an in-shape Rampage...

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Vanderlei's chin is shot and rampage punches really hard. I wouldn't be srprised if Vanderlei was the wrestler in this matchup. The weight advantage goes without saying. I see this being a 1st round ko or a very boring fight, nothing in between.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
They should create a machine:

> both guys punch the measuring part of the machine and it records the power of the impact
> then, both guys stand in front of the machine on opposing sides and the machine deals a blow to both guys simultaneously with the measured punching power of the other guy. that way it's fair :D
> if they still stand after 3 punches, then it gets more like Jackass where the machine can kick them in the balls, shoot paintballs at them, use a taser, skunk-aroma-spray etc. All until one guy goes down.

Hmmmm.... somehow this sounds like a great concept for a Japanese gameshow.....