Wands Lifetime ban possibly reversed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
A district court judge has REVERSED the lifetime ban imposed on Wanderlei Silva by the NSAC and ordered there be a new disciplinary hearing.

Brett Okamoto @bokamotoESPN · 3m3 minutes ago
The NV district judge agreed the NSAC had jurisdiction over Silva, even though he was not licensed when they attempted to drug test him.

Brett Okamoto @bokamotoESPN · 2m2 minutes ago
However, the district judge ruled that Silva's lifetime ban was not supported by substantial evidence.

Brett Okamoto @bokamotoESPN · 13s 13 seconds ago
Ross Goodman, Wanderlei Silva's attorney, says he is 'evaluating options' in terms of a potential appeal, regarding the jurisdiction issue.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Didn't they introduce a 4 year ban for missing a test? Will he get that punishment or something else since retroactive punishment seems unfair? If it is a 4 year ban, it might as well be a lifetime ban, unless he is going to fight into his 40s.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Is this part of why Bill Brady resigned? I know it was last month (I think) but maybe rocky seas are about at NSAC for some of his decisions.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Does he now have to suck Dana's dick while snow tubing down his driveway to get fights?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good. He never should have been given a lifetime ban to begin with. Now get him a fight or release him Zuffa, so he can get back to earning a living.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Didn't they introduce a 4 year ban for missing a test? Will he get that punishment or something else since retroactive punishment seems unfair? If it is a 4 year ban, it might as well be a lifetime ban, unless he is going to fight into his 40s.
Wandy will probably want to fight deep into his 60's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
no way he'll have to take 4 years off. those rules weren't in play when he took off, so they couldn't put it under those rules.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
now the questions are does the ufc give him a fight? does the commission give him a licence?who should he fight?i think he has a long road ahead of him still before he steps back into the cage

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
now the questions are does the ufc give him a fight? does the commission give him a licence?who should he fight?i think he has a long road ahead of him still before he steps back into the cage
I love to see Wand fight somewhere else.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Why would he get a ban for a test that was unjustly administered? He didnt sign a bout agreement, nor did he sign up for a license in Nevada. They overstepped and they are cunts for it.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Why would he get a ban for a test that was unjustly administered? He didnt sign a bout agreement, nor did he sign up for a license in Nevada. They overstepped and they are cunts for it.
Well the court just said they had jurisdiction to punish him, but that the lifetime ban is too harsh of a penalty. So he will need to have another hearing, unless he just tries to appeal the decision, but that could take a long time. It would probably be better for him to have the NSAC hearing, take the punishment, which hopefully is time served, and then he can fight sometime this year. However, they introduced new guidelines for punishments, which included running from tests, and that was 4 years for a first offence. So, I hope that those punishments aren't retroactive, even if the hearing hasn't been had yet.

Last edited: