Warner Bros. Places Geoff Johns In Charge of DCEU

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
The storm of criticism, negativity and rumors suggesting the future of DC Comics’ movie universe was completely in flames may be in the rearview mirror, but it’s bringing about real change at Warner Bros. (potentially for the better, where comic book fans are concerned). As part of a larger streamlining of WB’s franchise filmmaking in the wake of Batman V Superman, kicking an entire universe of movies into pre-production, the studio has divided its leadership to better develop the brands – and has placed one DC Comics expert at the top.

Having previously served as the Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment , Geoff Johns will be overseeing the newly-created DC Films along with Warner Bros. executive VP Jon Berg.

LINK: Warner Bros. Places Geoff Johns In Charge of DCEU

Good news for a lot of people, seeing how popular DC's tv shows are.
However, I dislike all the shows in the "Arrowverse" so I'm even less excited for these Justice League movies.

Sidenote. I love Johns as a comic book writer.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
It'll be interesting to see how he and Snyder work together.
I'm predicting some butting of heads over the tone of the movies.

Could we see Snyder leave due to conflict of interests?

How does everyone else feel about this shift?

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Meh.

I like him as a writer sometimes. He's hit ir miss for me. He either strikes out (Justice League) or knocks it out of the park (Flash).

And movie wise, I guess time heals all wounds, since he played a part in the Green Lantern disaster.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Meh.

I like him as a writer sometimes. He's hit ir miss for me. He either strikes out (Justice League) or knocks it out of the park (Flash).

And movie wise, I guess time heals all wounds, since he played a part in the Green Lantern disaster.
I think Warner Bros is making another knee jerk reaction.
Everyone's complaining about BvS but everyone loves Arrow and the Flash. I know let's get Johns to fix the movies!

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I don't know the guy, but if he is doing the TV-shows it doesn't sound good for me. I'm a series kinda guy and I try everything that might be interesting at least for 1-2 episodes. None of the DC-shows were any kind of interesting to me. I think I saw most of the Arrow though, like 5 episodes? I tried.
I hear many people like the Flash but it didn't hit a mark in me at all. Supergirl is horrible imo, and the Legends of Tomorrow or how its called is crap.

However, I do like Gotham somewhat, even though its ridiculous and frustrating / misguided at times as well. Is he in charge of Gotham too?

Also a shared leadership.. isn't the problem already that too many people involve themselves into this shit, so it becomes a big mess?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
It'll be interesting to see how he and Snyder work together.
I'm predicting some butting of heads over the tone of the movies.

Could we see Snyder leave due to conflict of interests?

How does everyone else feel about this shift?
Snyder leaving would not be a bad thing.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I don't know the guy, but if he is doing the TV-shows it doesn't sound good for me. I'm a series kinda guy and I try everything that might be interesting at least for 1-2 episodes. None of the DC-shows were any kind of interesting to me. I think I saw most of the Arrow though, like 5 episodes? I tried.
I hear many people like the Flash but it didn't hit a mark in me at all. Supergirl is horrible imo, and the Legends of Tomorrow or how its called is crap.

However, I do like Gotham somewhat, even though its ridiculous and frustrating / misguided at times as well. Is he in charge of Gotham too?
Geoff Johns is a big wig/writer for DC Comics. Over the past few years he's been involved, at a production level, with Arrow, the Flash and now Legends of Tomorrow. Now that Supergirl is moving to the CW I can only assume he'll get into that as well. Gotham is something completely different so I never seen his name attached to that.

I'm a fan of his comic book writing and like to pretend he isn't associated with those shows because I as well could care less for them. I love the Flash and he's one of my favourite all time superheroes but that tv show isn't for me and I've tried more than enough times to enjoy it.