General Was 9/11 the start of the decline and fall of America?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It wasn’t a zinger

why do you keep harping on the fact I’m Jewish bud?
I don't know how much he is harping

But you have spoken about it as a joke probably 500-1000 times

I don't think he means any harm...maybe just heard all the offers of travel to israel and logged it on his spreadsheet...this place is all about spreadsheets

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
It's so sweet to see everyone's nationalist hackles get raised in this thread.

Let me propose a framework that's short and sweet (uncharacteristic of me, I know). Nations do not rise or fall, ascend or decline. This language comes from outmoded ways of looking at the world in history, political science and most notably economics. The nation is just a container, an incantation, an imaginary if you will. Nation-states don't subsist on Yelp reviews from other countries or periodic checks of what's in everyone's wallet or brain.

What is changing is the idea of America's centrality to global economy and culture, even among Americans. Even 20 years after 9/11, certainly at least something of a watershed moment, it's too soon to say what it all means or certainly where it's headed. What's clear is that we'll need all hands on deck for what's coming. We'll need a world.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Is there anything about Brexit that isnt considered arrogance and ignorance by the opposition?

You're astonished by our ignorance and arrogance and it's ironic since those are the terms most associated with the UK and Brexit.

I know exactly why. I followed it in granular detail.
My point is that people react and go to a certain way when they aren't listened to. You have sympathitic ear to people who voted for Brexit but think people that voted for Trump are fucking idiots... Did they not try to have a voice and perhaps Trump was the nuclear fuck it all option?
take it away from the states. Although I bet Texas would cede from Merika right now given the vote.

i think we were sold a pup on reflection now. But I still would vote out.

johnson is the worst person ever to run a country. He’s worse than trump. True, I should have read the runes. But I was dispassionate. Facts are because we aren’t part of the Euro we missed out on 40% of meetings. Yet still paid in 33% of funds (we got back 7%) plus funding fron what the EU decided we could have .

look. It’s complicated. I am pro a common market and free trade and free movement. I’m not happy with a federalist unelected state.

christ. I’m boring myself. I know why I voted out. Don’t believe the hype that it was because racism. A lot was but most wasn’t. The Eu is corrupt. Europe has a history of this.

M

member 1013

Let me propose a framework that's short and sweet (uncharacteristic of me, I know). Nations do not rise or fall, ascend or decline. This language comes from outmoded ways of looking at the world in history, political science and most notably economics. The nation is just a container, an incantation, an imaginary if you will. Nation-states don't subsist on Yelp reviews from other countries or periodic checks of what's in everyone's wallet or brain.

What is changing is the idea of America's centrality to global economy and culture, even among Americans. Even 20 years after 9/11, certainly at least something of a watershed moment, it's too soon to say what it all means or certainly where it's headed. What's clear is that we'll need all hands on deck for what's coming. We'll need a world.
I’m going to post a trite meme in reply to this well thought out post for my good friend from England:

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

I would say 911 is our genrations first world war.

People don't want to accept our barbarism. What we did to counter it.
We could get our heads around why ww2 was needed.

History repeating itself

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Serious question. Do you post like this while high on a marijuana?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I would never insult the fine people of Scotland, not even for an hilarious joke.

What happens when a scottish guy walks face first into a brick wall with a full erection?

He breaks his nose.